Friday, October 1, 2010

A bunch of jibber-ish

Since I have not blogged in a while, I'm going to speed everyone up to date with Adalyn May and whats been going on in the Clark household.

Soo, we ended up turning Adalyn's carseat around. Not too important to write about but I thought i'd share some pictures. She looks so cozy. (She looks like she is slouching, but she isn't! fear not)




and, I must say, I am totally amazed with my 10 month old- - - she is a walker!!! and walking everywhere I might add. Use to, when we would go to put her down on the floor, she would already be in the crawling position and just could not wait to hit the floor and take off. Now, when we put her down, she keeps those legs straight as can be and as soon as those little (big) feet hit the ground, shes off. She is definitely making lots of distance as now she can walk to the kitchen, living room, where ever without falling. Sometimes she gets tickled at herself when she starts getting some speed on her walks. She starts giggling and usually ends up plopping down. I finally caught her on the video camera walking yesterday. Speaking of our video camera, we have 183 recordings on there from the day of her birth until now. We should really figure out how to save them on our computer. I love going back and watching some old movies of her. I watched one the other night when she discovered her hand. She had that hand right in front of her face for a few minutes just staring away. It is so neat to see how far she has come!

She will be 11 months on the 13th so that means I am preparing to wean her from breastfeeding. Not too sure how she will like that but I know this momma is ready for it to be over! haha. We tried putting my pumped milk in her sippy cup the other day... lets just say it didn't go over too well. Anyway, if any momma's out there having tips for weaning, please let me know! I think Im going to cut out the 4:30 afternoon feeding and replace with a bottle.Then slowly work my way in cutting out her dinner and morning feeding. I am still pumping twice while at work and i can not tell you how HAPPY (and I can't express that enough) I will be to get rid of that thing!!!!!!!! It can be such a hassle always worrying about pumping esp. when Im busy with work.I feel like I should be called the bag lady because when I leave for work, I have my purse and my stupid pump attached to my shoulder. EVERY day. Whew. But I must say, Im pretty impressed with myself for nursing this long. But, all good things must come to an end, right?! RIGHT! ha. Im ready! Thankfully I have a huge stash of milk in the freezer. We have had to dip into it recently a few times so its slowly dwindling away. But I still have probably around 300 ounces frozen so when we introduce cows milk, I will mix my milk with it at the beginning until its all gone and she gets use to it.

October is officially here! and I could not be more excited. I aboslutely love Fall. Everything about it. The cool air, leaves changing, jeans and sweaters. October will be pretty busy for us. Taking a family vacation to Gatlinburg, celebrating our cousin Jackson's 1st Birthday, going to a pumpkin patch, and Halloween! I can't wait for everyone to see Adalyn's costume. She is going to be so SWEET!

Update--- you guys don't know this but I actually started writing this blog October 1- It is now the 5th so you can see how busy I have been! Or maybe just not motivated enough? ;) You choose. Anyway, over the weekend we went to visit Aunt Patsy and Uncle Bo. Adalyn has never been to their home before and let me just tell you it is BEAUTIFUL and very relaxing. Their driveway is just about a mile long going up a mountain. no joke.





We also headed to Chattanooga to celebrate Jackson's first birthday! Jackson and Adalyn are 5 weeks apart so I am glad she will have a cousin to grow up with that is basically her same age.
It was at Imagination Station and we had a great time!




1 comment:

  1. Great job breastfeeding so long! That is a huge accomplishment that will lead to Adalyn having the better life-long health. Just take weaning slow and gradual so you won't run into any problems!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...