Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Adalyn's 1st Gymnastics class

Monday, June 3 was Adalyn's very first Gymnastics class. I was so excited for her. Memories of all those years I took Gymnastics flashed back and I couldn't help but to smile. I was secretly hoping she would absolutely love it and want to keep going back. She is getting at the age where she is really needing to be involved in group activities whether it's sports, library time, or Pre-School. She does great at Church listening to her teachers and being around other boys and girls, but we know being involved in some kind of activity will help her, too. Just so she can learn to listen and to obey other people besides the family members, friends, or teachers at Church she is use to.

Here she is right before we went inside for her first class! (all of these pictures are taken with my iPhone so not the best quality!)

Man oh man does she look like me when I was her age!

She was all smiles. She went right out on the mat with the other girls and sat right down. She wasn't scared or hesitant at all. They started out with stretches then ran around 4 cones to warm up.

Next came cartwheels. I have been trying to teach this girl how to somewhat do a cartwheel but I haven't really been succeeding at it. It was so nice they worked with her on her technique on how to do it. They had pieces of tape on the mat to show exactly where she needs to put her feet, hands, and where to land. She tried so hard and I could tell she was having the best time. The smile never left her face I don't think. She kept turning around and giving us the thumbs up.

They then split up into groups and started working on different equipment and activities. She started at the uneven bars.

Oh, did I mention this little dude was with us, too? He did pretty well. He was a busy little thing though. He had his tractors and combines to play with (plus the toys the gym provided) but he was still climbing on mats and trampolines so we were trying to somewhat keep him under control and watch Adalyn as well. Kind of difficult. Do-able, but difficult. I'm not really sure how many more practices Landon will partake in :) For now anyway. He is SO busy. My oh my.

Back to Adalyn... They also did back handsprings. Obviously with a spot but I loved that they start so early! They practiced on the mat as well as the trampoline.

I enjoyed watching all of the other girls in the class. I believe there were two other 3 year olds, but the rest were 4 and 5. They knew exactly what to do, where to go, and it was great seeing their cartwheels, back bends, round-offs, etc. I will love watching Adalyn through this process learning new tricks! I would tumble on any piece of grass my feet would touch. Seriously. I even did back handsprings in the hall at College Street Elementary. I can't wait to watch her in our front yard tumbling away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...