Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Life Lately!

It's summer time and we have been enjoying it to the fullest! We are taking advantage of the longer days by staying outside longer and eating supper later. Some nights we even go back out after baths to catch fireflies and walk around. Softball is still in full swing with at least 1 game a week followed by a practice at some point. Adalyn is still taking Gymnastics one day a week as well and is doing such a good job. The older she gets, the more and more she reminds me of myself. She wants to constantly practice ball in the yard and does cartwheels every chance she gets. 
VBS, ball games, swimming and farming is what we have been up to so far!

Vacation Bible School is such a fun week for our kids! Adam helps with 5th grade recreation and Adalyn was in the "entering Kindergarten" class while Landon was in the 3 year old class. I work Monday-Thursday during the summer so I was able to help with the completed kindergarten class on Friday. 
I would come home from work in the afternoons and ask Landon how his day was at VBS and I would hear, " I was great!" He would throw in "It's the best EVER!" as well. Adalyn had a big surprise Thursday after VBS was over. She went with Chloe to the Rec Center pool! From my understanding (and hearing allll about it when she got home) they had a blast.

Friday after VBS Adam and I surprised the kids by taking them to swim! The squeals coming from the truck could probably be heard from the pool itsself. We stayed for hours and a lot of our church friends were there, too! The kids had friends to play with and I had mommas to talk to! It was such a fun afternoon. So thankful our community has such a great outdoor (and indoor) pool/waterpark. Makes for lots of fun for everyone!

Sunday night was VBS night and Adalyn and her class sang a few songs before the musical began. I love watching her up on that stage singing in the name of the Lord! 




We had 10 baby pigs born on May 31. We got there just an hour or so after she gave birth. You will never get tired of seeing brand new baby pigs! Oh so so tiny! 




We then went over to check on our "bigger" pigs :)
We let the kids roam around and pet them (if they will let them) and play with sticks or whatever else they find. 
See the old shed in the background?
That's Adalyn's "store"
;) Love her imagination!



Adam grew up on this farm and I am so honored to be able to help carry on "Clark Farms" on this beautiful piece of 53 acres. 
We are so blessed!

These two sweet kiddos made their way to our bed one morning while I was getting ready for work

The kids helped Granddaddy move hay one Saturday afternoon


and this little guy came by to visit me at work one day

and this was on Mother's Day but I forgot to post it!

That's life lately! 
I wrote half of this post over a week and a half ago and I'm just now getting around to finishing it up. 
Now to catch up on current happenings!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...