Monday, October 24, 2016

Time for a major update!

I just finished up blogging about our Disney vacation that happened in June. Here it is October and I need to document everything that has happened since our trip! It's for my memory sake so I don't forget this time of season we are in. The kids are getting older and are so fun. We had a crazy busy summer and tried to pack in as much as we could! I'll be sharing more pictures than actually writing about it since that takes time and time is something I have a hard time finding!

Here we go!

The week leading up to us leaving for Disney was VBS at Church. One of the best weeks out of the year! Adam helps with recreation, the kids love their classes, and I helped on Friday since our office is closed during the summer on Fridays. 
We love VBS!




We spent the entire Memorial Day weekend on the lake!
(Adam broke his pinky toe this weekend, too!)







After the lake each day, we stayed the night at my mom and dads which felt like a mini getaway!
My view while lounging on the deck

Adam and I made our yearly trip to Martin's to stock up on some beautiful summer flowers!

Landon absolutely loves bacon. Like will eat slice after slice after slice. It's doesn't hurt that it's our very own pork he's eating, too :)

I straightened Adalyn's hair! Took right at an hour.

We celebrated Father's Day!

I give her 2 more years before she is taller than me!

Our little advertisers!

Adalyn has had the opportunity to drive the farm truck for Adam when he's been in a pinch. Her long legs can handle it! She will be the best driver one day!

I declared that this girl has the best bun ever. 

Love Tennessee summer nights!

 We swam with cousins

We visited the public library a lot!

We swam with friends

We wiped out from exhaustion 

We danced in the rain

We went to the rec a lot this summer to swim since Granna and Granddaddy no longer have their pool!

We played with bubbles in the backyard

Jumped on the trampoline

and enjoyed nights with friends in the cove



We celebrated the end of our 2nd softball season!

And Adalyn lost 4 teeth this summer!
See that one hanging?!

Adam tied a string around the tooth and a nerf bullet and pulled the trigger and out it came!

Adam took the kids with him to get some cows pregged checked at the Vet and the next day on our way back to the farm Adalyn was drawing in the back seat. She said, "look momma. This is what the doctor did to the cow yesterday!"
hahahahaha Adam and I lost it.

One of our hens laid the biggest egg we had ever seen. We posted it on our Clark Farms Facebook page and we got a huge response from it! That's my hand in the picture above. We decided we would video us cooking it the next morning as we all assumed it was a triple yolker in there. Come to find out, another whole egg was inside!! Amazing. Then, a few days later, that hen laid another egg just like it, but it was already busted by the time Adam saw it that day. 
How neat!

Beautiful sunflowers in the garden

Adalyn bought a new bicycle with her own money!

One of our favorite spots at Granna and Granddaddy's- their porch!

The view off my parents front porch. 

Her second top tooth came out just a few days after we pulled the other with the nerf gun. This time, we tied it around the door knob and Granddaddy kicked the door shut before we even knew what happened! We all laughed so hard.

Boys :)

I flew to Florida with a few girlfriends from work for a long weekend. The weather was amazingly perfect and we had such a nice, relaxing time. 

Baby pigs were born on the farm! We always love this day!

We took late night walks in the subdivision a lot, too. Well, I walked, the kids either rode their bikes or hopped on the tractor or gator. 

We had early morning donut dates, too! Oh how my kids love fresh donuts!

One Friday morning I took the kids to the park to play. We played on the playground at first, then spent the next few hours in the creek. What a fun morning we had!! Such sweet memories we made. I brought a bag of extra clothes and towels and just let them do whatever in the water. We had fun!

Oh the personality this kid has! 
(yes, we were parked at Sonic)
I LOVED her toothless smile all summer!

Helping Granddaddy bottle feed the calf

Sweet buddies at Church

Shawnda brought Judson over to play and I'm pretty sure they didn't have any fun at all.
;)


We spent many evenings jumping on the trampoline. Adam and I have just as much fun jumping on that thing as the kids do. 



Well, that's a snapshot of our summer! Now to get caught up on recent happenings since school has started!

Until next time!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...