Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Our new ride

I'm writing about this simply for memory sake in the future. At the end of November, we purchased a new car! Well, new to us. Last summer, we decided it was getting close to time to purchase a new vehicle. When I graduated from high school, my parents bought me a 2001 Maxima that I absolutely LOVED. I loved that car so much! Adam's Tahoe was always our "main" car, especially with kids as it had much more room. Throughout the past few years though, we were having to put a lot of money here and there into my car. Most was general maintenance, but then we put in a rebuilt transmission so once we did that, we decided that was the last thing we would do to it so we  then started talking about vehicles and what kind we would want for our family. I love the smaller sized SUV's, but without a 3rd row, it was basically like my Maxima, hardly any room in the back and definitely no room for the kids friends! For those who really know me know that for years and years and years I said I would NEVER (ever, ever, ever) get a van. Well, when your kids get to the age where they are having friends over or tagging along with us for one reason or another, then throw in sports (with coolers, blankets, chairs, ball bags, etc), you come to a realization that a van just may be the way to go. Yes, we could have gotten a big SUV but I didn't want the gas cost that would possibly come with that sooo, we started researching our options and decided the Honda Odyssey was the route we wanted to go. So since last summer, we began our research. Studying up on different types of Odysseys that were offered, calling our insurance company to see what the new rate would be, figuring out which model had our wants in it, etc. We searched mainly online and a few local dealerships surrounding us, but ended up finding exactly what we wanted at a Volvo dealership in Atlanta. It was a 2014 Honda Odyssey Elite, white, with only 19, 500 miles on it. It had one owner and the price was perfect! We jumped on it and made our way to Georgia to pick it up. For the past few years, I never knew what radio station we were listening to unless they mentioned it due to the radio light not working ha ha So imagine going from that to a vehicle with all  new gadgets and buttons and not to mention a vacuum cleaner! My favorite "bonus" to this already awesome van! The kids love the widescreen TV and with head phones on and a long trip in front of us, we don't hear a peep out of them and Adam and I are able to have an uninterrupted conversation. Can I get an amen?!
😋

So, after 12 years, I said good bye to my beloved Maxima and HELLO to my new mom car!! We love love love it SO much!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...