Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bronchiolitis...





Well, our poor baby is sick! This is day 4 of coughing, sneezing, snotty nose and to top it off, she is wheezing. Gosh, it just breaks your heart when your little one is sick. Went to the doctor today and she has bronchiolitis. She hasn't been sleeping great the past 2 nights. We were fighting a losing battle last night. We went in and out of her room for at least an hour or so. She kept waking up coughing so that would make her cry. Needless to say, after midnight, we brought her to bed with us. Yup, I said it. She slept with us. first time EVER so I am pretty proud about that. That was one thing Adam and I said that she would NOT sleep with us. Oh how tempting it was when she was a newborn to put her in the bed with us. yeah, i knew she would sleep better, but I did not, under any circumstance, want to make that a habit! So, we rode it out through all those sleepless nights and at 11 weeks old, we put her in her crib from the pack and play. She sleeps great! every once in a while we will hear her over the monitor making some noises but other than that, she is a pretty good sleeper! =) But last night, poor baby couldn't breathe and she kept coughing and coughing. So, yeah, I brought her to bed with us. Hopefully just one night of sleeping in the big bed won't spoil her. But I have come to realize that when your baby is sick, you will do whatever possible to make them feel better! I could just hold her all day and all night if I could; but I would definitely not be able to get anything done around the house. So, please pray for little Adalyn that she starts feeling better!

On another note, I have been off from work this past weekend. Thank goodness. that was a much needed break. So on Friday we spent the day with our friends, Brad and Amanda and their kids, Blake, Noah and Kayleen. We had fun tilling up the garden and planting veggies. Or should I say THEY (adam, amanda,blake and noah)had fun doing it. I hung out on the deck with Adalyn and Kayleen.
Saturday, Granna and Granddaddy watched Adalyn and Adam and i went to Murfreesboro to do some shopping. We also ate at Adam's favorite resturant, Toot's. I am glad he got that out of his system. ha. I don't really care much for it but whatever makes him happy! lol. Now its Sunday and we didn't go to Church today. There was no way we were going to take Adalyn to the nursery with her being sick like this. I know i wouldnt like it if someone brought their sick baby to the nursery to get my baby sick. don't think so! So we have hung out at home, played, changed diapers, planted flowers, and slept. oh, and I have been cleaning. Enough rambling from me, got to get ready to head to my parents for dinner. Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...