Wednesday, June 23, 2010

1st Vacation!

Last week we loaded up and headed to the mountains! This was our 1st family vacation with adalyn. We went to Helen, GA and met up with Adam's family. They have been going for years and I, for whatever reason, have not been able to go, so I was glad I was able to this year. What a beautiful town! To start off, Adalyn did GREAT on the long 4 (+) hour car ride. She slept the first 2.5 hours and woke up as soon as we pulled into Burger King. She was past her normal feeding time and since we make her baby food, we went inside and asked if they would heat up her dinner for us. =) they were very nice enough to do so and Adalyn ate her Squash, Oatmeal, and Pears on the back of the truck in the parking lot.

After we all ate, we loaded BACK up and continued our journey. If you know me, you know I get car sick going just about ANYWHERE. My mom use to always say, "Sit up and look out of the window..." Well I can tell you, that NEVER worked for me. The bulk of this drive was SOO curvy it reminded me of my 1st 15 weeks of pregnancy! ick. So, I hopped into the driver seat thinking that would help because it usually does but NOPE, didn't at all. All Adam and I could do was laugh because of how stinkin bad those roads were and how I kept saying my mouth is watering. lol. I definitely couldn't sit in a seat facing backwards like Adalyn.
We finally arrived late that night and visited with family then went to bed. During the week we went swimming...





...and hiking,




We visited Anna Ruby Falls and it was beautiful! It was definitely a work-out to push Adalyn up that mountain! But i kept reminding myself that my legs would be thankful for the nice work-out.

We also went tubing down the river which took 2 hours and it was so relaxing. We also ate alot which is always good. =) Here are some more pictures of our 1st Vacation!

Cousins Adalyn and Jackson.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...