Friday, August 13, 2010

9 Months Old

Dear Adalyn,

You are now 9 months old. You are offically as old as it took me to cook you in my belly! =) However, they had to induce me at 40 weeks but I firmly believe you would have stayed in there for another week. I love watching you learn and figure out your world. Which you are doing quite well at. You know just about every cabinet in the kitchen and bathroom and you love to explore! We are constantly saying, "no, no no" and then you turn and look at us and start laughing. It's like you know you weren't suppose to be in THAT cabinet but you want to see how much stuff you can pull out before we catch you. Somedays I hold you and give you a squeeze and think, "I couldn't possibly love you anymore than I do right now." And then the next day you do something new or funny and my heart swells even more. You are growing more independent each and every day. You are feeding yourself table food, flipping though books,and pulling your blocks out of the bucket. However, there are still those moments I long for. Like those moments when I see you really DO still need me. Like when you crawl over to me and reach your arms up at me like, "Please momma, pick me up! I need you". Or when you are in your play pen and you are ready to get out you just stare at me and say "ma ma ma" and reach your arms at me. It's like you know I still need to see that "baby-ness" from you. You are changing so quickly. You learn a new sound or babble everyday, a new place to explore, and I could go on and on. You are the biggest wiggle worm when we try and change your diaper or dress you. It's hard for me to remember us dressing you before you learned to roll over. Once you started rolling, it was all OVER! It's a huge workout to get you ready for the day. oh, and you also cut your 5th tooth on your 9 month birthday! Thank goodness that tooth is finally thru. Whew!

I Love you Adalyn May. I understand you are getting older, but please promise you will always stay my "baby".

Love,
Momma

This is me 9 months ago...

Then a few short hours later, you were HERE!


and here is your 9 month picture..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...