Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The end.

December 1, 2010 is officially the first day I have not nursed Adalyn. If we do the math, that's 382 days I went breastfeeding her. 382! Gee whiz! I must say, I am pretty proud of myself for sticking with it. For those moms out there who have breastfed, you know how difficult it is in the beginning! I had a personal goal set for myself and I was determined to not give her an ounce of formula. Nothing wrong with it, it was just something I chose to do. To each their own, right? Adam was so great the first few weeks of trying to figure everything out. I definitely can see how easy it would have been to just give her a bottle during all those night feedings. I would have been able to sleep longer while Adam gave her a bottle, but I chose to do it so it was me up with her for every single feeding. Looking back, those sleepness nights were so sweet. I loved the fact that I was the one she depended on. I am very thankful that I was able to met my goal of nursing for her first year of life. I kind of cringe thinking about nursing/pumping with our next baby for another full year. Ah! haha. Lets just say I am glad I am DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...