Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My BIG surprise!

Friday, (Feb. 25) I had to go to Nashville that afternoon and Adam wanted to come with me. I thought it was weird he was willing to take half a day off from work but I of course would never turn down his company! After I was done, we get back in the car and pulls the GPS out. I immediately started laughing at him and asking why in the world he needed that to get home?! He just told me not to worry about it and he turns to the side and starts typing in an address. For those of you who know me you know I can't let anything go so I kept asking him what he was doing, etc. We get on the interstate (complete opposite way we should have been going) and my brain is just turning. He got me a visit to the spa in Murfreesboro and for a split second I thought, maybe he made the appointment for me and is surprising me with that?! Once I saw a sign for Louisville, I cancelled that idea. As we kept driving I saw a sign for Opryland. I started thinking again maybe we are doing dinner? walking around? I was dying to know what he was up to. I thought for a SPLIT second that maybe he got a hotel for us to stay at but then I thought, nope, tomorrow is Saturday, he is going to the farm. So anyway, after frying my brain from thinking so hard, i decided to give up. We got off the Opryland exit and he turned into the Courtyard Marriott by Opryland. He looked at me and said we needed a weekend get away! He opened the trunk and there I see our bags!! I started crying of course. I told him I felt bad b/c I didnt even tell Adalyn bye! Well, I did, but definitely not they way I would have if I knew I would be gone for 2 days! He then started telling me that he had planned everything. His mom and dad would be coming to the house Friday afternoon to stay with Adalyn until early Saturday afternoon and my mom would come Saturday afternoon and take her to Church Sunday morning. Mind you we have NEVER left Adalyn over night before! Yeah, I know, 15 months was probably too long to wait. I told myself not to freak out. See, if I would have known, I would have been able to prepare myself for not being with her! But he said since Im a control freak, etc, he wanted to plan everything himself. =) He even told me he printed out a sheet with information for our parents. He really put a lot of thought into our weekend which was the sweetest thing ever. I had been telling him for a few months now that I am ready for a weekend trip with just him and that I was "ready' to leave Adalyn over night. I never thought he would actually plan it! sorry babe! We went to Mellow Mushroom Friday night and pigged OUT on the best pizza you will ever put in your mouth, then we went to Green Hills and walked around the mall then went to see Just Go With It which is by far one of the best movies we had ever seen! Went back to the hotel, hopped in the nice King size bed, and fell fast asleep until 10 the next morning. We actually both woke up at 6:45 from habit, but it didnt take us long to fall back asleep. Once we woke up, we went to the Gas station and bought pop tarts and choc. milk for breakfast. Got ready and headed to Bass Pro and Rivergate Mall for the day. Came back, layed in bed and watched TV for about 2 hours,(which was wonderful!) then headed to dinner and to walk around Opryland hotel. It was such a relaxing day. Sunday morning we got ready and headed home for Church. Mom had already left for Church so we were able to get dressed and head to Sunday School. Once church was over at 12, we basically RAN to the nursery to get Adalyn. As soon as we walked in, he precious "OHHH" face is what we saw. She came right to me with a book and started backing up to sit in my lap. Ahh, my baby was back in my arms! We had a great time and I am actually looking forward to taking more trips with just Adam! I found out its a must. =)
Thanks to the grandparents for taking care of our little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...