Monday, June 27, 2011

Helen, Georgia

Friday, June 17 we got ready for our 1st vacation of the summer. We litterally packed our whole house (thanks to a 19 month old who requires a lot) and headed to see Paty and Bo (or Pat Pat and Bo Bo as Adalyn says) They live right by the Ocoee so we stayed the night there Firday before leaving for the mountains of GA Saturday morning. Their house and landscaping is simply amazing- I already felt like I was on vacation just being there and being outside. we had such a long day Adalyn was OUT but 6:30. Adam layed her down in the pack and play upstairs and then 30 minutes later, we hear her. We normally let her cry at home if she were to wake up but I knew this was a different place so I thought she might be scared. I went and got her and layed down on the bed at about 7:00. Next thing I know, Adam comes up to check on us around 9 and we were both fast asleep and did not wake up until 6:30 the next morning. Man, I wish I could go to bed at 7 every night! Anyway, once we got up and ready, we loaded back up for the trip to Helen. Now remember Adalyn is not a traveler whatssoever, that is why we have a DVD player in both vehicles. Ugh, i dont know what it is but she is only content in her car seat for a little bit it seems like. She fine unless she is sleepy, but as soon as she falls asleep, I am one happy momma. ha. Helen is a small(very small) town in the mountains of GA. Not too much to do but its still fun! Sunday morning we got ready to hike Anna Ruby Falls. We did this last year and Melissa and I pushed Adalyn and Jackson (7 months old then) in their stollers to the top. It was hard then, but even harder for me this time since im hugely pregnant and all.Adam took over on the pushing this year. I kept feeling the burn and telling myself that it was good for this worn out body of mine. Dumb me left my camera back at the condo (ugh!) so Sherrie took pictures for us. Adalyn fell asleep on the way back down so we hung out for a while until she woke up. We went to a steak resturant for dinner that night which was really good. They didnt have a changing station in the bathroom (come on people!) so I put 2 chairs together and changed Adalyn there. Have a changing station and I would not have to do that. We spent the majority of our time swimming which Adalyn LOVES. She is not scared at all which is a good and bad. She will just walk right into the pool laughing the entire time hoping someone is there to catch her. Her favorite thing was the pool shower. That water was freezing cold but it did not affect her at all!





Aside from swimming all the time, Adalyn got her quilt from Marsha, Sherrie and Melissa! They did an awesome job on it and Adalyn loves it! It's polka dot, which Adalyn says they are bubbles so she "pops" them with her finger. But thank you three so much for the time you put into making her quilt! We love it!
While there, Adalyn said two "sentences" or what I call sentences. Adam walked into the bathroom and closed the door and she looked at me and said "da da pee pee ewwww" Hahahahah. Oh me I cracked up. The things that come out of her mouth! She will repeat anything she hears and if you ask her to say a word, she will do it. The other "sentence" was about a cat. We had gone to town to walk around so Adalyn stayed with Nancy and Patsy. When we came back, she said. "cat hide boooosh" Which means, a cat was hiding in the bush. It was the cutest thing and She still talks about that cat to this day. Oh, I need to add that Adam and I went tubbing with Sherrie, Tori and Hunter. It is nice and relaxing for the most part until you have to kick off a rock to keep yourself going. I wasnt too uncomfortable thankfully. Which is a good thing b/c it takes almost 2 hours to do it! Here are some random pictures- enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...