Thursday, December 13, 2012

BLAH!!!!!

I was so glad when the kids were finally better from the stomach bug they had Sunday afternoon. Adam and I went back to work on Tuesday thinking since we were the parents, that we probably wouldn't get sick. I don't know what it is, but I remember as a child being sick and it seemed like no matter how much throw up my mom cleaned up or how much she held me, she never got sick. So, I honestly figured it might skip Adam and I. HA. Boy was I wrong and actually quite stupid for thinking we couldn't get it. That stomach virus was so strong and hit us so quick! I left work Tuesday afternoon at 3:15 and went straight to my bathroom floor. Adam got home, brought me a coke, and let me lay there in all my misery. Adalyn was loving the fact that she could play doctor on me. She was climbing all over me and I didn't even care. I so enjoyed wathcing her be so excited that I was her "sick patient". She covered me up since I was freezing, brought me pillows, wet a washcloth for me, and even got out our first aid kit. We play "Doctor" on a regular basis but me actually being sick made it much more fun for her I believe. At around 4:00, I finally started throwing up. I had felt it coming on for a few hours prior so I was glad I finally did. I was then able to crawl in bed and rest some. After a little while, Adam informed me that he was not feeling good. I felt like I was dying and could barely move so I went ahead and called my mom to see if they could get the kids. At one point while we were waiting on my parents to come, I was in the bed and Adam was in the kids bathroom. Adalyn and Landon were roaming the house. Adalyn is fine doing that, Landon on the other hand still needs to be watched some. Adam had started packing their bags and food for my parents house but I had to finish it up. I managed to walk, but looked like an old woman doing so b/c I was hunched over, I even crawled at times. Blah, I'm telling you I was miserable. We managed not to forget anything for the kids except a shoe for Landon. He made it there with one, just not the other. That's pretty good if I say so myself. So around 7:00, the kids were gone. I looked around and our house was an absolute wreck. I was so sick I didn't even care and that is NOT like me. If I had even an ounce of energy I would have started cleaning. Since Landon went unsupervised for only a short amount of time, I found Christmas ornaments all throughout the house. He knows he is not to take them off so since we weren't around to tell him no, he took it upon himself to take off a few and leave them in different rooms around the house. Before I go further, I need to say this was the very first night BOTH kids were away from us. Adam and I have been talking for weeks now that during Christmas break, the kids were gone! We need a little piece of our old life back, if only for a day. We need some alone time being together, cleaning, organizing, relaxing, watching what we want on TV, shopping, and just simply hanging out. We don't get much uninterrupted time and it will definitely be nice to have that. With all that being said, this was NOT how I planned for our first night to go having the kids away from us! We could barely talk to each other. We spent most of the evening in seperate bathrooms laying on the floor. At one point, we both managed to get in bed. At 11:00, we took phenergren and it knocked us out. We didn't get out of bed until 9:45 the next morning. I can SAFELY say that without a doubt we haven't slept that late in 3 years. BUT, we still felt like crap when we woke up. Not good. We spent the rest of the day watching TV and sleeping. Finally, that afternoon, we were somewhat better. We went to pick up the kids around 3:30. We still weren't anywhere near 100% so I was hoping the kids would be easy on us. Thankfully, things went pretty smooth. Both kids were very tired and were in bed at 7:30, Adam and I were in bed at 7:50. My alarm woke me up at 5:30 this morning and I was a brand new person! I would never wish that on anybody, ESPECIALLY if you have small children at home who require a ton of supervision, entertainment, and assistance! I am glad to say Adam and I are feeling MUCH better today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...