Tuesday, December 11, 2012

What a long two days!!!!

For the past week, Adalyn has had an awful cough and nastiest runny nose I seriously think I have ever seen. Snot has been pouring from her nose and is a gross brown/green color... it has been screaming sinus infection! So, with that said, I now want to tell you all what Adam and I have been doing within the past day or so. Sunday afternoon once we got home from church, we put both kids down for their naps. BUT, before we could even put Adalyn down, she throws up! What?! Where did that come from? We figured it was all of that sinus drainage she had going on made her stomach upset. We cleaned everything up and layed her down. Adam left to check on the cows and I sat myself down in the recliner and watched TV. At 2:00, both kids woke up. They only slept for about an hour and a half and on a Sunday afternoon, that's a pretty short nap for them. Church wears them out so they normally get a solid 2-3 hours worth of sleep. Not long after Adalyn woke up, she threw up again. So I started thinking, well crap! Maybe this isn't sinus drainage afterall! UGH! Please not another stomach bug! I called Adam and asked him to come back home. I was trying to clean up the mess, put her in the bath, and try to keep Landon out of her throw up. All while trying not to throw up myself! Gag!! After about 10 minutes or so, Landon started acting really figidity. He would moan and kind of walk back and forth. He didn't really know what he wanted. Then don't ya know, he throws up too! It was around 2:30 or so by then. The rest of our afternoon consisted of Adalyn and Landon taking turns throwing up. Adalyn. Landon. Adalyn. Landon. At one point, I was holding Landon in my lap on the couch. He started making a gagging noise and I knew better than to move him. He started throwing up once again, but this time all over my lap. Keep in mind, I was wearing pajama pants which are very thin. I made the decision to let him finish his business on my lap as opposed to running him across the house to the bathroom or something. In the back of my mind I just REALLY did not want anymore throwup on my carpet! agh!! New carpet, throw up, and a neat freak mama do not mix very well. I yelled for Adam to come and get him so he could wipe him down. I sat on the couch, again trying not to barf myself, and just watched his throw up seep through my pajama pants. Oh My Goodness. Inside, I was without a doubt freaking out. Want to know what was even more disgusting? Pineapple chuncks sat perfectly still ontop of my pants while all the juice was slowing going thru. Yes, Landon ate some bites of pineapple before Church and that is one of the things we kept seeing. Not only was it soaking through my pants, it was on my shirt, somehow got on my bra, and of course on Landon too. Adam got me a trash bag to "step" into. There was no easy answer on how to clean it up. I stripped my clothes off and ran to the shower. Adalyn had also just thrown up as well so I had Adalyn and Landon both in the shower with me. We kept Adalyn in panties and Landon in a diaper the rest of the day. I really did lose count as to how many loads of laundry I washed. We even had to take my clothes and some towels out to our driveway to hose them down to get the food, chunks, and pineapple off everything. Just Sunday afternoon alone, I know we gave four baths plus the shower the kids had with me. They both were so thirsty all they wanted was water. Landon and Adalyn chugged their sippy cups. A little while later, they threw up what seemed like a gallon of water. Adalyn is real good about going to the toliet to do this but poor Landon just lets it fly wherever he is. Afterall, he is just a baby so I wouldn't expect anything else. BUT, the good about him throwing up a gallon of water? It was on our hardwood floor! No carpet that time. Our poor kids had thrown up so much they had absolutely nothing left to throw up but water. So we really cut back on their water the rest of the afternoon since they couldn't even keep that down. They both were real puny throughout the afternoon and evening. They would both get spurts of energy then Adalyn kept asking for a popcicle. It had been a few hours since she had last thrown up and we were just glad she was asking to "eat" something. Wouldn't you know... no popcicles in the freezer! Thankfully Carla had some so I got some from her. She ate a blue popcicle, a pink one, and a little bit of a Banana. The kids were wore out and by 8:00, they were asleep. Adam and I went to bed early too because I figured it would be a very long night for us. 10:45, our bedroom door opens. Adalyn runs to the toliet and starts throwing up. Remember, she has no more food to throw up so this time it's blue liquid from her popcicle. We put her in bed with us. She tossed and turned, we took her pj's off because she was hot, she finally fell asleep but was snoring because she was stopped up. It was after midnight by this point and I made Adam take her back to her bed. 30 minutes later she comes back in so I pull her back in the bed. She mentioned her ear was hurting but she went right to sleep so we didn't ask questions. I was finally able to fall asleep myself. Then, I hear Landon over the monitor at 4:15. I went in to get him. He immediately started pointing and grunting. I walked into the kitchen and he did everything in his power to let me know he wanted some milk since he can't talk. He was starving since he hadn't eaten anything since Sunday morning before Church so I went ahead and gave it to him knowing he would probably throw it up anyway. Well, he did. I cleaned him up and we played in his room for a bit. Adam and Adalyn were still asleep so I didn't want to wake them. I did give Landon a tiny bit of water to wash out his mouth. I remembered how thirsty I was after I threw up last year and I knew he was to. Even the tinest bit of water made him throw up again. So at about 4:30, I was giving Landon a bath. Adam and I both took off from work to be home with them. When Adalyn woke up, she continued to talk about her ear hurting when she would lay down or cough. We asked her every so often which ear just to see if she would point to the same one each time and sure enough, she did. I called the doctor and made an appt. for 10:00 to see Dr. Eastham. Adalyn has never had an ear infection before and I knew she was old enough to tell us when something was hurting her so I didn't want to take any chances. Aside from her ear, we could tell she was feeling a lot better. She even ate a biscuit. I got her ready (and myself) and we headed to Murfreesboro in the nastiest weather. I really don't like traveling when rain is coming down sideways. Adalyn fell asleep as soon as we got on the interstate. She woke up when I parked. I got her out and she layed on me the entire time we watied in the waiting room. They weighed her and she had lost 1 lb. since we were there for her 3 year check up a few weeks ago. She loves Dr. Eastham so she was her silly self while he was in there with us. He checked her out and sure enough, her very 1st ear infection! He said that the sinus issues she was battling a week ago (all the sneezing, coughing, runny nose, etc) caused it. Poor girl! We loaded back up and made our way home through the awful weather. She was pretty uncomfortable on the way back but managed to allow herself to doze off. We went to pick up some medicine and headed home. It was about 11:30 but this point and I was beyond tired. Around 12:30, Adam put Landon down for a nap and Adalyn and I got into bed for a nap ourselves. She slept a little over four hours! I ended up waking her up since it was almost 5:00. She felt a lot better after such a long nap. Still didn't eat too much for supper, but I could definitely tell she was getting back to herself. The rest of the evening went pretty smooth. Landon was eating and keeping things down just fine. He was asleep by 7:30 and I put Adalyn down at 8:30 since she had napped so long. They both slept great so I am hoping they are all better. But, as I have been typing this, I have decided I don't really feel all that good. Oh boy. I sure hope that stomach bug isn't going to come to me. We shall see! So, the above is just a little glimpse of mine and Adam's Sunday afternoon/evening and Monday. We had to miss the Christmas Musical at Church Sunday night which I was SO bummed about. I had been looking forward to hearing all the beautiful Christmas songs they sing each year. :( Then reading posts on Facebook about how amazing it was made me even more sad! But, atleast I was able to take care of my babies when they needed us! I would never wish that on any parent! Two kids throwing up one right after the other is not high on my wish list that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...