Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve morning is always started with a big breakfast from Cracker Barrel. Adam and I stop to pick it up on the way to my parents. Once we arrive, we all pig out. Then, shortly after, we all open presents. This year Adalyn was ALL into opening presents. She got the concept of everything this year which made it SO much fun! So far, age 3 has been my FAVORITE! Landon liked to rip the paper, but then got bored very quickly. He wanted to play on the stairs instead so Adalyn opened some of his presents for him. I'm sure by next year, he will not allow her to do that.




My grandmother cross stitched a quilt for Adalyn before she was born. I believe it's one of my most treasured "baby item" Adalyn has. She started on Landon's quilt before he was born, but just couldn't get it finished before she started to get really bad. As a surprise, my mom had it finished for me (and Landon). I am so proud of it and I love that Granddaddy was able to stand in this picture with us. :)


After presents, and when all the mess was picked up, we played, ate some more, and slept. The guys left to head to Murfreesboro to The Outpost to spend some money, but pulled in only to find out they were closed. ha. So in the mean time, mom, Brandy and myself played and slept with the kids.

Adalyn and Landon got a camping tent with camping accessories as one of their gifts. Adalyn loved putting all of her new toys in there to play with. She then wanted it on top of my parents bed so she could watch her new DVD, Doc McStuffins.

Christmas Eve day always goes by super fast for some reason. Before we know it, it's time to get EVERYTHING packed up and get everyone dressed to head to our Christmas Eve service at Church. We are always rushed but some how always manage to get their (somewhat) on time. With Adam being a Deacon, he helps serve The Lord's Supper which is special. We took Landon to the nursery and decided Adalyn was old enough to stay with us for the service. She did great. She hopped back and forth between Christopher, Brandy and my parents, but she did keep pretty quiet so I was thankful for that. At the end of the service, everyone receieves a candle and we sing Silent Night. We let Adalyn hold her own and told her to absolutely NOT move it around or play with it. The wax normally rolls down under the cup and burns me so I for sure did not want it to happen to her. Thankfully, no burns! She loved holding it.


Once we got home, we unpacked the car and put some things away. I also just had to have a picture with my beautiful girl!
I LOVE her personality!
(and I also love the fact that she LOVES the camera :) )

We then put the kids in their Christmas pj's and we made cookies and watched "Flicker Saves Christmas". For those who don't have a toddler, this would be an episode from Handy Manny... one of Adalyn's favorite TV shows. Since we have On Demand, she knows we have access to all Disney Jr. shows. She thinks she should get to watch them whenever she pleases, but she is very wrong. Anyway, she asked only about a million times to watch this episode throughout the whole month of December. "Please mommy I watch Flicker Saves Christmas?" Adalyn then helped Adam feed the reindeer. We got some "Reindeer Food" from Co-Op and they put some hay down as well. Adalyn was SO excited to do this.



We put cookies, an orange, and a glass of milk out for Santa then we read a few books and put the kids to bed. Once they were in their beds, Adam and I got to work! We were both so eager to put their toys together and get everything set up for them!
(Looks like I picked a blurry picture of this. Sorry about that! And it was also zoomed up just on her dollhouse. Oh well, you get the point!)

Adam and I then went to bed ourselves thinking Adalyn would be waking us up insanely early the next day... but thankfully, she didn't. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...