Monday, January 28, 2013

Our Weekend

It may look like I have been slacking with my blog, but I promise, I haven't. I have two blogs that I have been finished with for a week or more, just haven't uploaded the right pictures to go with it. So keep checking back. I promise, I will eventually publish them. And no, I have not forgotten about the hall closet I said I was going to organize. I will get to it. Eventually.

Landon is now 16 months old and is starting to talk! More than just "da da" and "ma ma". I am proud to say that his new vocabulary now consists of "Wow!" "Go!" "Cheese" "E I E I O" "Yes" and "Bye Bye". It's adorable listening to his little voice. You always wonder how your kids will sound when they start talking and just as I figured, his little voice is precious. :) Landon's personality is growing by the day. This is his new trick.
And this morning while Adam and I were sitting at the table eating breakfast, he looked at us, layed down on the floor, signed "sleep" and layed his head down. We busted out laughing and told him to do it again. He thought it was funny, too.

Friday night we went to my granddaddy's house and we all ate chili. Well, I ate a bowl of chili, everyone else had chili dogs. Adalyn loves playing upstairs with all of my old baby dolls and Landon enjoys climbing up and down the stairs. Up. Down. Up. Down. Ugh. It got annoying quick. It's so hard to keep him off of those things. I'll be glad when he's "over" the stair stage and he's old enough to go up and down without me worrying to death. On Saturday, Adam and the kids went to Pelham. I stayed home to sew and clean, then went back to my Granddaddy's to spend some time with him for the rest of the day. Helped my dad feed the cows then I went home. Took a shower and waited on Adam and the kids to get back home. I gave them a quick bath then we loaded back up to go to Hillsboro to spend time with Christopher, Brandy, and her family. We all chowed down on pizza and chocolate covered popcorn. Trust me when I say it was amazing. Adalyn loved playing with Bailey, Abby, Rylan and Eli and Landon just followed them where ever they went. It was after 9 when we left, but before we did, Adalyn and Rylan kept hugging and kissing each other. It was hilarious!
For someone who never forgets their camera, I did on this night. So I snapped this one on my cell. We had a great time.

Sunday morning we got ready for Church. On the way home, Adalyn was playing with one of my old cell phones. Sometimes she refers to it as her "lucky talkie", aka- Walkie Talkie. But on the way home, she was "talking" on the phone to Casey. Casey's name is brought up atleast 20 days during the day at our house. She loves him so much.
She has learned to cross her eyes. She finds this to be hilarious.

We ate lunch then I went and hopped in to bed with Adalyn while Adam put Landon to sleep. She asked me what Adam and I did in Sunday School. I told her and then she asked what we did in service. I told her we sang songs, prayed, and listened to Dr. Cox preach. She asked me to sing to her and after about 2-3 minutes, she was out. I got up and sat myself down in the recliner, covered up, and watched HGTV. Adam left to go to a program at school so I had a very quiet house. I ended up napping for about 45 minutes which was nice. The kids ended up sleeping for 3 hours. Once they woke up, we ate and got ready to head back to church.

We had a great weekend! Can't wait to do it again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...