Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Martin Luther King Weekend

(Ok, so I have had this blog written since January 23 and I'm just NOW posting it. Sorry guys!)

What a beautiful weekend we had! It was so refreshing to finally see sunshine and feel the warmer tempertures! We made it count and spent time outdoors as much as we could. It was even better knowing we had a three day weekend! Our weekend started off with our annual Christmas in January with the Clark's. Adam's family is so large that it just makes things so much easier to do our Christmas Martin Luther King weekend. Christmas time is always SO very busy and hectic, (especially if you have little ones!)and for the almost 11 years I have been around this family, it has always been in January and I will forever be grateful for that. We always have a good time together and the kids go full throtle from the time we walk in the door until we leave that night. We eat lots of junk, which is my favorite, and open presents, play with the kids, and eat some more. By the end of the day we are all seriously just exhausted. Adalyn stayed with Jerry and Nancy Saturday night since Tori, Hunter, Dave, Sherrie and Kenny were there too. I'm sure she didn't want to miss out on anything! Adam and I left Landon with Tommy and Sarah and we made our way to town to attend a visitation of an old friend for a little bit. Once we were home, Sarah and Tommy came soon after with a very tired Landon. He slept on the way home from Pelham, woke up just to drink his milk, changed his clothes, and we layed him down. We stayed up late talking then went to bed ourselves. The next morning, they took Landon back to Pelham for us while Adam and I went to church and then to a funeral that afternoon. Have you had the opportunity to get ready for Church by YOURSELF? As in, no kids running around, only had to feed yourself breakfast, didn't have to pick out clothes, do hair, find shoes, pack bags with sippy cups and snacks, etc? Well, we did. We got ourselves ready and sat our butts down and watched HGTV. Our favorite thing to do. We don't really get to watch it much since Disney Jr. seems to be the number 1 show on our TV nowadays. As nice as it was to have a calm and stress free morning before Church, we quickly started to miss them! Sunday was jam packed for Adam and I and by 4:00, we were finally on the road to Pelham to pick them up. I was SO ready to see them. It's amazing how that works. There are days where you can't wait for someone to get them for a bit, but give it just a few hours, and you are MORE than ready for them to come back. We spent the rest of the evening there and were home by 7:00. Again, super tired and ready for bed! Kids were asleep around 7:45 and Adam and I stayed up and watched TV. It was so nice knowing we didn't have to go to work the next day! Adalyn graciously slept in until 7 Monday morning (very late for her!) and Landon woke up at 6:30. During the work week I get up at 5:30 to get myself ready before the kids start waking up, so sleeping until 6:30 is late for me! It was nice. We headed to McMinnville since I needed some sewng supplies and made a pit stop at Tractor Supply (imagine that) for Adam. While there, we also got Landon some rain boots and Adalyn bought gummies with her own money. (Thanks Aunt Sherrie!) Anyway, with all that said, we really did have a nice, fun, busy weekend!










These next few pictures I'm posting having nothing to do with this post. I had them on my cell phone and wanted to share!

Landon is looking more and more like a "little boy" instead of a baby. He was walking so fast in this picture I was barely able to capture him but just LOOK! Walking into his class at Church last Wednesday night with his back pack. I couldn't stop smiling!

See this mess?

I was sewing one day and Adalyn pulled out my fabric and made "houses". Anything to keep her quiet and occupied while I sew!

We have been in our house for almost 2 years and have decorated every single room except one. (well, technically 2. We haven't done our master bath but hope to this Spring) The kids play room has been rearranged countless times and after Christmas, we decided to take the futon out. Now we have a lot more space! We got rid of a bunch of toys and finally rearranged it to how we like it. My mom and I have been talking for a while on what to do in their room. Well, ladies and gentlemen, we finally have done our first decorative piece. It's on the largest wall in the room but we still have plans to put things on either side of the saying. (and on the other walls) This was just our first step and I love the way it turned out. I took this picture as soon as Adam was finished with it so ignore some of the mess you see!
I have in my mind what we will do with the other walls so I'll keep everyone in the loop once we have it complete!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...