Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Snow!!

Friday morning I got up at my normal time and remembered it was "suppose" to snow. Since Adam and I both work for the school system, I wanted to see if it had actually snowed and if we were closed. I don't even have to turn on our TV. Just click on Facebook and bam, like 20 postings of "Coffee County Schools are Closed". I told Adam and then I decided to go ahead and take a shower. Just so you know, I truly believe Adam gets more excited about being out of school than the kids do. After my shower, I walked into the living room and to my surprise, I saw a dusting of snow on the ground. I got excited because I KNEW the kids would LOVE to "play" in it. Adalyn woke up at 7 and as soon as she saw the snow, her eyes got huge and she started jumping up and down. I knew we needed to get out in it as early as possible because when it snows around here, it's gone by noon. We kept waiting AND waiting on Landon to wake up. That little stinker slept until 7:45. He goes to bed between 7:45-8:00 and is up around 6:15-6:30, so 7:45 was definitely a nice surprise! Once he was up, we all bundled up and headed outside. The kids just laughed and giggled pretty much the entire time. It was such a sweet, sweet sound. After playing for a while, Adam went ahead and took Landon inside while Adalyn and I stayed outside to play. This was also a neat snow for us since it was technically Landon's "1st Snow!" (I don't remember us getting any last year!?)


Don't you know it's SO much fun to jump in the snow?!


AND you know it's much more fun to slide and swing in the snow, too!


Adalyn's snow angel

After we played in the snow for a while, Adalyn and Adam headed to the farm while Landon and I hung out all day. Adalyn stayed the night and Jerry brought her back around 10 Saturday morning. Much to my surprise, it had snowed AGAIN! People, this simply does not happen in our area. Even if it's an inch, everyone gets excited just because we don't see it a lot. Landon left with Jerry so that left just Adalyn and I and we played, and played, AND played in the snow for the longest time. I seriously had so much fun and it just remind how blessed I am to have such a fun,loving,energetic, daughter. I didn't have a camera with me on that day, Adam took it to the farm so I snapped some pictures from my cell.


We even made a tiny snowman!
Here she is swinging and sliding---take a look at the snow in mid air as she comes down the slide. I was impressed that my phone captured that!


It was nice to see the snow, but now, I am SO ready for Spring!!! Now that it's February, I am counting down until we are on the BEACH!!!!! 4.5 months to go! Wahoo!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...