Friday, February 14, 2014

Finally... a decent snow!

All winter I have wanted a snow big enough for all of us to play in. So far this winter season, we have had nothing but dustings and some ice on the roads. Earlier in the week, there were lots of talk about possible snow for our area. Since Adam and I work for the school system, we of course wanted a snow day! I usually don't allow myself to get my hopes up when they start forecasting snows because in true Tennessee fashion, it hardly happens. They went ahead and cancelled school on Tuesday night- wahoo! We woke up Wednesday morning to nothing on the ground but we knew it was going to happen later on during the day. So we made our way to Pelham to put some hay out and eat breakfast. On our way back home it started sleeting so we figured it would start snowing soon. I told Adam that the temperature was just way too warm to get any of this snow they kept talking about. The rest of the afternoon rained on and off. I was glad we didn't really mention the possibility of snow to the kids because I didn't want to get their hopes up. I had told myself that we were too high for the system to reach us and figured it stayed down south instead. We went through our evening routine and as we were getting the kids out of the bath, we noticed it was snowing! This was around 7:00 Wednesday night and the kids were sooo excited to finally see some snow! To my surprise, it was sticking to the deck, roof, cars, wet ground, everything! It was coming down so fast, it was so peaceful to watch. My mom called me and told me we needed to take the kids out- and she was right! I was thinking the same thing right before she called. I found a hair dryer and dried Adalyn's hair since it was soaking wet from their bath. We put on their snow bibs and jackets and we made our way outside.

My pictures off my camera are a little blurry but we had so much fun Wednesday night playing in the snow! 








You can really see how much snow was coming down in this picture



His owl hat is way too small but it did the job!

Tiny snowman on my car


Adalyn named our snowman, "Flossy" :P

Landon has a friend!

"Flossy" is sporting a TN hat and a lady bug scarf

We played in the snow for an hour and once back inside, we put both kids in the shower to warm up. Bed time was later tonight but it was worth it making fun memories like this. 

Thursday morning we were up early ( I mean come on, we have a 4 year old and a 2 year old, of course we were up early! I know some of you feel my pain!) so by 7:30, we were outside playing once again! Tennessee snow never hangs around so I knew the snow would be completely gone by the end of the day. We stayed out for at least an hour and a half. The kids had a ball. By 3:00 yesterday afternoon, you would have never known it had snowed. It went away so fast! But, I am thankful for the 2 snow days at home and getting to experience playing in the snow with the kids. Now, I am ready for Spring! Bring on the warmer weather, blooming flowers, and lots of playing outside!


And just for fun, a comparison!

14 month old Adalyn and 4 year old Adalyn 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...