Tuesday, February 18, 2014

New bed for Adalyn!!

This past Fall is when I realized Adalyn was getting too big for her toddler bed. Her head and feet would touch at the same time so I knew it was time to order the conversion kit to transform it into a full sized bed. We ordered it November 29 and picked it up last week. It's considered a special order so it took forever to come in. 

One of Adalyn's big gifts from my parents at Christmas was new Pottery Barn bedding, along with sheets and a bed skirt. I hated keeping it tucked away in her closet while we waited on the rails to come in! Since we had two snow days last week, we took advantage of being at home and picked up her mattress and put her bed together.

To say she was excited is an understatement.
You would have thought it was Christmas morning!

Here it is!





The flash has made the green on her quilt look really bright, but you can see in the 3rd picture it isn't. My flash must have picked up on that some how. I searched for months for bedding. Adam was willing to paint but I really like the green walls so I searched every possible website and catalog to find something that had the "right" color green in it with touches of pink. I did not want something "loud" or themed, so this is just perfect.
I feel her room will continue to grow with her for a few years and that was my goal all along. I'd say by the time she is 9 or 10, it will be time to update it again.

A look back at my sweet girl in her crib and toddler bed.



First time in her new, "big kid" bed!


Last day in her toddler bed.
Look how much her hair has grown!
 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...