Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A little touch on the end of our Summer

I'm off on Friday's during summer break and on my last Friday off, I took the kids to the park for the morning. I packed a picnic, blanket, and extra clothes and off we went! Every single time we go to the park, they end up getting "accidentally" wet from playing in the creek. I was smart this time and packed more clothes so they could have the opportunity to actually get wet and me not freak too bad. It was a hot morning but the water cooled us all off. It was so nice! I really enjoyed that time with them so much. They were on their best behavior and the picnic towards the end of our stay topped it off. Love having memories like this!







We also had Singer with us during our park outing, too. We were babysitting for my parents since they were out of town. We had Singer for about a week and the kids were in heaven!. Singer is around 9 or 10 years old and is simply the best dog ever. She slept with Adalyn just about every night and napped with Landon some during the day.
and this is how Singer likes to ride :)

We also picked blueberries a few times in July. It was super hot but the kids enjoyed it so much! On this particular day, Landon decided he was "done" with picking and wanted to go back to where Papa and Mr. Jerry were to "hang" with the big boys. ;) Mr. Jerry proceeded to ask if he liked Coke. 
Of course he likes Coke. This kid likes any type of drink you put in front of him. (except chocolate milk. He loves milk, but not with chocolate added. I still can't figure that one out) 
So this boy had his very own Coke to sip on and he thought he was big stuff! I know my Granddaddy would have loved to have seen him with a big red coke can in his hand! He was a big Coca Cola lover! So it looks like Landon is indeed following in his footsteps. 
I let him drink enough to where he really thought he was something. He was so cute drinking it. He would take a sip, smile, then sip some more. It was hilarious. 




We ate just as many blueberries as we did picking them. :) Adam made a homemade blueberry pie and then we froze the rest.

The preschool department at Church rented out the rec center pool from 6:30 until 10:00 one Friday night for the families to enjoy and we had the absolute BEST time! Adam and I acted like kids the entire time and just had way too much fun. When it's a private pool party, all the rules on the slides are no longer in force. We were able to slide down any way we wanted. We formed trains, layed on each others backs, went down backwards, sideways, you name it and we all did it. I think I laughed the entire night. The next morning, Adam and I were so sore! That just reminded us we might can act like kids but we don't recover the way we use to! hahaha
I didn't take a lot of pictures because we were in the pool just about the entire time we were there but I managed to snap one of these cuties

and these boys had a ball together as usual!

For some reason Adalyn got on a horse kick this summer and asked multiple times if we would get her a horse.
Umm, no.
She would randomly tell people I would be talking to, "I really want a horse but my mom and dad say no".
lol We have no idea what got her on a horse kick but we asked Mrs. Angela if she cared to allow Adalyn and Landon to ride around on one of her horses. She was happy to do so, so we piled up in the car and made our way to her house one afternoon. We told them we were going to my mom and dad's house so they did not question the direction we were going since we pass her house on our way. We pulled in to her driveway and Adalyn said," Why are you turning in here?!" Adam and I turned around and smiled and her and she immediately figured it out. She was SO excited and I loved watching her (and Landon) ride that horse. I took a lot of pictures but will just share a few. It was a great afternoon for those two kiddos!




and just because...
Love this boy!

Until next time!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...