Monday, May 3, 2010

Heroes, Teeth, and Floods

What a week it has been! I first want to start off by saying that I am someone's hero. ME! Can you believe it?! I never have thought of myself as a "hero" or even a role model before, but my precious little cousin thinks of me as her hero. Adalyn and I were invited to her program at school last Wednesday. It was about the United States, the American Flag, and heroes. Towards the end of the program they showed a slideshow of pictures that the 3rd graders brought in on their heroes. Well, to my surprise, there I was, smiling in a picture with Autumn. The other students heroes were either their parents, brother/sister, grandparents, etc. But Autumn chose me. I was so proud and very honored. Thank you Autumn for thinking of me as your Hero!! Im sure as Adalyn grows up, she will think of YOU as her HERO! =) Set a good example as I know you will! Here are some pictures!



Adalyn and I had a great mommy/daughter day together. She was GREAT! She slept the whole way to and from Franklin. ON the way home we made a pit stop in Murfreesboro to pick up her 4 month pictures from the photographer. and I must say, my baby is quite the cutie! We also went to The Children's Shoe Company. Like Adalyn needs shoes, but I saw white sandals and I just had to have them. Im so glad I found that store. They have awesome shoes for babies and children. A little expensive, but well worth it. They also have Robeez, my new favorite shoes for her. Speaking of pit stops, we had to make a pit stop in the back seat of the car in the parking lot at Barnes and Nobles so I could feed my hungry baby. In between getting her milk from the tap, ;), I took some snap shots!


Oh, I almost forgot to post a picture of Adalyn rockin' her first polo...


In my last post I talked about Adalyn's first tooth. Well her second tooth is about to pop through anytime now!! I am so excited. She doesn't really act like they are bothering her too much. We have noticed that when she is in her jumperoo or excersaucer and we leave the room, she doesn't like that too much. ha. I blame that little bit of attitude on teething. She starts grunting for us to come back, and as soon as she sees us, she starts laughing. It's like she is playing a game with us. I am desperatley trying to take a picture of her tooth, however, she will hardly let us see it! Let alone take a picture of it. But, I don't give up easily, I will get a picture of that thing! =) So, this is the only picture she will allow me to get...


Adalyn also got to witness the great flood of TN. How terrible! As we sat nice and dry in our living room cuddling on the couch, we saw people on TV that were stuck in their cars, animals were stranded, and people were practically swimming in their front yards. Please remember to pray for all of the victims!

Oh, this next picture is posted just purely because her outfit is so stinkin' cute.


and this one just because =)


Don't know if I have mentioned this before, but we are making Adalyn's baby food! It has been so much fun learning how to do it. So far she has eaten Sweet potatoes, Avocado, and tonight, we are trying Butternut Squash. All from the Clark Household Kitchen. One reason we like fixing her food is because 1. its better for her! we like knowing what she is eating!! and 2. its cheaper!

Well, I have rattled on, so Im calling it quits. I will post pictures next time of our cooking adventures with the baby food.
So for now...

I can only imagine where these tiny feet will go in their lifetime. My only hope is that they never forget their way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...