Wednesday, May 12, 2010

a little bit of everything...

Looks like I'm slacking in the blog department! It's been a few days so here I go! As I mentioned in my last blog, we make Adalyn's baby food. We are enjoying it so much! She is now eating Sweet Potatoes, Avocados, Butternut Squash, bananas and of course, cereal. We are going to do pears next.



You cook, puree, and freeze in ice cube trays. It's so simple and we love knowing exactly what she is eating!


Adalyn also go to go to her Aunt Hopie graduate! Well, not exactly graduation, but her pinning from Nursing School. We are so proud of her! There was no way we could have set through 2 hours of graduation with a 5 1/2, almost 6 month old baby! haha. Its a work out as it is at home making sure she has plenty to do and toys to play with, I couldnt imagine having her sit in our laps for a long period of time without being able to sit on the floor and roll around!




Little one also experienced her 1st ever piggy back ride. Courtsey of daddy.


now come on, how adorable is that?!

Her 2nd tooth is officially in! and it is wayyy cute. She has done great with teething; So far anyway. I just love her new little teeth. However, when she bites on momma and daddy's finger, a little bit of pain occurs with every bite. As i mentioned in my last post, I am still trying to take a picture of those darn things.I am not the one who goes down without a fight, so I am constantly attempting to snap the perfect picture so I can show everyone what I have been boasting about! =) Here is the closest picture I have of her grill...




Ah, I also experienced my very 1st Mother's Day. Ok wait, let me back up. I got to experience it last year, only with Adalyn in my belly. But little did I know that it was Adalyn in there. I could have bet money I was having a boy! Anyway, it was such a beautiful, sweet, rushed day. I woke up to beautiful flowers and a card, then we got ready for church. Adalyn was dressed top notch, of course, and looked b e a u-tiful! I wish my clothes were as cute as hers.After Church, we went back to the house to pick up what we needed to go to my Grandparents. Man, when we have to go somewhere, who would have thought you have to practically pack your whole living room to accomodate your baby? We grabbed a few things for her and then my mom gave me the sweetest card and a willow tree of a mom holding her baby. Love it! Once we got to Hillsboro, Adalyn was ready to eat. So off I went to feed my little one, then it was lunch time!! Oh what a lunch we had! It was delicious and I seriously ate way too much. Here are some pictures...



After we spent most of the afternoon in Hillsboro, we headed to good ol' Cracker Barrell to meet up with Adam's mom and dad. What a great dinner! It was really packed, but we only had to wait for about 15-20 minutes. Not too bad. Adalyn is at the stage where she will not sit in her car seat if we are at a restuarant. (unless she is asleep) She loves sitting up and looking and jabering at everyone. but, Cracker Barrell did not have a high chair that Adalyn could sit in. She's still too little I reckon. Here she is trying to eat the butter packets and reading the menu.



After we ate, we had to take some pictures. Look how great these are!




So, as my first Mother's Day came to an end, I thanked God for allowing me to be a mother to my precious baby. I hope I am making him proud. =)

Maybe if I would blog more often my posts wouldn't be extremely long! but I have lots to cover. Don't worry, I'm almost done with this one! This is a sure sign adalyn is growing up... usually when we go to Wal-Mart grocery shopping, we have to tote her in her car seat and let her ride in the buggy. Wellll, ladies and gentlemen, she is a BIG girl now! Check her out sitting in the buggy with the biggest smile on her face!


And in closing, since she is so cute when she takes her bath, here are some bath time pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...