Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A day on the farm

Saturday morning we woke up, got ready, and headed to Pelham for the day. Adalyn stayed the night with Jerry and Nancy Friday so we were pretty eager to see her :) The farm is just about her favorite place to be. She's 2 years old and will learn so much just by being around the farm. As soon as we got there, it was around 8 I guess, we took Landon inside to stay with nancy and we met Jerry and Adalyn at the store and ate breakfast. She loves going there to eat. She ate 1 piece of bacon and a biscut and when she was done, she wanted to roam around and find gummies. She picked out peach rings but they were hard as a rock and truly disgusting. I threw them away and we gave her some gummies when we got back to the house. We then went to feed the chickens and gather the eggs. Which is another thing she loves to do. She will even let the chickens peck her hand to get the feed. That's one thing she has up on me b/c I don't want them pecking at me! She pretty much laughs the entire time she is feeding them and picking up eggs. I guess the sounds they make and the way they move so fast is funny to her. We then walked out to see the cows. I wish people could see her when she is around cows. She is in total awe of them. After we stayed with the cows for a while, I went inside to feed Landon. After that, Adam, Adalyn and I headed 5 minutes down the road to Brian and Logans house to give the other cows a bail of hay. The whole family was outside playing so we joined in the fun, too! Adalyn has a lot of cousins around her age which makes for great entertainment. THey played on the swing set and jumped on the trampoline. I hadn't been on a trampoline in YEARS. After jumping on this one, it made me and ADam want one. ha. I'd say we will end up getting one eventually. After a lot of playing, we headed back to Jerry and Nancy's for lunch. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, and rolls. Yum. Adalyn was so very sleepy she didn't even make it to lunch. As soon as we got there, I sat down with her and rocked her and within 5 mintues she was out. I layed her down and we ate then I fed Landon. He fell asleep soon after so I decided to take a nap, too. We all ended up sleeping around 2 1/2 hours. When we woke up, we went back outside to see the cows. This time, landon joined us. This was his very first time being around them. I guess you could say he was speechless. I sure hope he enjoys being around them as much as his sister does. After we introduced Landon to the cows, we headed inside so I could feed him once again and then we went back to Brian and Logan's for a great dinner. The weather was gorgeous on Saturday and it was so warm. I am so ready for Spring to officially arrive.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...