Monday, March 25, 2013

Landon's 1st haircut!

I know what you are thinking. He hardly has hair! But seriously, he does! It's just so white it isn't very noticeable in pictures. It started growing over his ears and anytime he had a collar shirt or jacket on, he had a mullet due to his hair staying on the outside of the shirt. It looked ridiculous. So at 18 months old, he had his very first hair cut on Friday, March 22. Both of my kids were bald as babies. Adalyn's 1st hair cut wasn't until she was 18 months old as well. I was still debating whether or not to let my mom cut it. She assured me by cutting it, it would make her hair grow SO much faster. She was right. After her first hair cut, I was amazed to see how fast he hair grew. It then started to get some wave to it. That wave turned in to the prettiest curls I have ever seen. So now I am eager to see how fast Landon's hair starts to grow. And I'm curious to see if he will get my curls or not. I remember Adalyn sat so still for my mom to trim her hair. Landon started off pretty good. He had a sucker in hand and was sitting really high in a chair so he was happy!
We then put the puppy dog cape on him.
Then the cutting began!

He did not like the cape on him. It made it hard for him to eat his sucker so we took it off and the cutting continued...
You can easily tell he was not enjoying it. And don't mind the stains on his shirt. He ate two pieces of pizza prior to his first haircut.

This is when we knew he was done.
(I love crying pictures!! That face is just PRECIOUS!)

Daddy, how could you let this happen?!

Despite the crying at the end, Granna was able to successfully trim his hair and we wrapped some of it up for his baby book.

The rest of the night, he walked around tapping his head saying "haircut, haircut" in a pitiful voice. It was so sweet.

Happy 1st haircut big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...