Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pigs!

Saturday morning Adam had a Deacon's meeting at 8:00 so Jerry met him at Church to pick up the kids. I stayed home to make one shirt, clean up, then head to my Granddaddy's house to visit with him for a bit. After I left Hillsboro, I made my way to Pelham to check out our new "pets". Adalyn had gone with Adam and Jerry to pick them out and from what I hear, she had a blast. Adam informed me she got in the trailer with them and was trying to herd them out. Such a farmer we have on our hands! When I got there, Landon had just woken up from his nap and Nancy brought him to the pig lot to check them out. Adalyn was in the pen walking with them wherever they went. It's so neat to see my kids get so excited about our farm animals. Landon followed them around too. He kept pointing and grunting. After playing with them for about an hour or so, we went back to the house to eat and relax. The kids stunk so bad I had to give them a bath. I just couldn't take it anymore. Yuck! Bath time is an all time favorite for them so once I bathed them, they played, and played, and played. Adalyn got out first and then Landon about 10 minutes later. I know it's time to get him out when he starts splashing uncontrollably and doesn't listen to me when I ask him to stop. I put some clean clothes on them then they ate a snack. After a while, Adam came inside to eat a bowl of chili then the two of us left to go check on our other cows and to take down a fence. I love having one on one time with him. With two little ones it doesn't happen a whole lot, but when it does, we enjoy it so much! So we rode the 4-wheeler, took down a fence, then we ran out of gas so we called Jerry and asked him to bring us some. We told him to bring Adalyn along with him, too. So, in the mean time, Adam and I sat out in the middle of the pasture and watched the cows. It was such a warm afternoon and it was so peaceful just to SIT and do nothing. Who knew watching cows eat would be so relaxing? ;) Jerry and Adalyn arrived, we put gas in the 4-wheeler, and went on a ride. I think Adalyn laughed the entire time. It was sweet and fun. Once we got back to the house, I took both kids home. Adam stayed to finish some things up and it was late, so me and the kids made our way back to the house. It was about 6:15 or so when we left and they were wiped out. I didn't hear a peep from them the whole way home. Once we got there, I took my sleeping kids out of the car, put their pajamas on, and fed them a late supper. Landon was so hungry he sat so quiet in his high chair (he usually jabbers really loud when he eats) and ate, and ate, and ate. Adam arrived home while they were eating and we sat down and ate a Taco Salad Adalyn helped me fix. We then brushed teeth and put the kids straight to bed. We were all so tired. Adam and I watched TV for a bit then I just couldn't hang any longer. I was wiped out and headed to bed. We had a fun Saturday and I am so thankful for the warm weather God blessed us with! Ahh, bring on Spring!!

Meet our little piggies!

Adalyn, our little farmer, herding the pigs. See the stick in her hands? She means business.

The prettiest farmer I know- bow and all!

I'm positive Adalyn is trying to tell Adam how to fix the fence the "right" way.

I hate this picture is blurry, but I still love it of my boys! Landon is a spitting image of his dad!

She was determined to pull that root out of the ground. She was unsuccessful in doing so, but she tried so hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...