Monday, March 4, 2013

So over Winter!

Ya'll, these teeth are killing me. Landon has been super whiny and crabby for about 3 weeks now. I dislike teething so bad, esp. when they are working on their canines. I forgot how miserable we, I mean Adalyn was when she was cutting hers. It's been almost 3 weeks now that Landon has been cutting his. Saturday I pinned him down and tickled him just so he would open wide. I wanted to get a good look at those suckers. On the left side, I saw a hole where the tooth has actually broken the skin but it hasn't come down yet. The right side is just swollen as can be. Ugh. I think I mentioned in another post, but when he first started cutting these two teeth, he had a fever for 6 days straight, a bad cough and a horribly nasty snotty nose. He hasn't had a fever in a while but that has been replaced by baby mood swings. (you know, throwing yourself on the floor tantrums, not eating like he normally does, etc.) He is still keeping the snotty nose around though. Now, on to my next kid. She is obviously not teething but man has she been crabby, too! She did have a low fever earlier last week but still has a snotty nose. (thanks Winter! I'm over you, too!!) But other than that, the only thing I know to say about her crabbiness is she's THREE and a GIRL. Need I say more? She has given us a run for our money the last few days. Some days I feel defeated and super annoyed. One thing that bugs me is when people will say, "Oh you will miss this one day. I wish I could go back to having young kids." Don't get me wrong- I can guarantee I will be one of those moms who say that 10 years from now. It's just that having two small kids can be exhausting and hard and there are times I honestly can't imagine I will ever miss these days. I just tell myself how much easier it will be in 3-5 years. But, just then, Adalyn will run up to me and and give me the biggest hug and will tell me how much she loves me and then Landon will yell "Mama" and as soon as I pick him up he will rest his head on my shoulder. I DO know how precious these days are but there are moments I want to run away and moments I want to freeze in time. Does anybody get what I'm saying? With all of that said, I am ready to see some pearly white canines, Winter to go AWAY, and Spring to come in full force with beautiful sunshine and incredibly warm Tennessee temperatures.

Now, to leave you pictures of Adalyn and Landon. They are just so stinking cute I can't stand it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...