Friday, April 26, 2013

Such a boy

I absolutely LOVE being a mom to my sweet, precious little girl. I love living in the land of baby dolls, dress up, lip gloss, big hair bows, smocked dresses and the most adorable clothes ever. Adam and I always knew we wanted a boy one day. So we were very excited when baby #2 was a boy. One of the thoughts that went through my mind a few times was the fact that boy clothes were no where near as cute as the girl clothes were. But, I have to say that I can now totally disagree with that statement! I seriously have so much fun shopping for Landon. Who knew a button up shirt, khakis, and a pair of Sperry's would look SO adorable on a little boy? Dressing him just like his daddy doesn't hurt either. ;) I have mentioned this a lot lately, but especially since I can compare my two at the age Landon is now, he is so totally a BOY! Adalyn, from a very early age, always had a baby doll or stuffed animal in her arms all the time. She obviously didn't really have "boy" toys lying around but had a few cars, etc. She would hold them,then throw them down, and go on to something else. I would watch other boys in her class at Church and they would just be laying on the floor rolling a truck back and forth. I would think, "Oh my gosh! Adalyn would never sit so still for that length of time just to roll a toy back and forth. And what do you know. I am now watching Landon do the same exact thing. And I love it! He says "tractor" and "combine" so much throughout the day it's comical. He has tractors, trucks, cars, and bull dozers that he pushes around the house all day long. I love watching him do it. He makes "car sounds" like, "vrooooom" as he pushes them along. He will find a pillow, blanket, or toy on the floor and he will make his tractors "go up a hill". He will be sitting on the floor and will roll them on his leg then up his belly all while making his sounds. He stands by Adams chair and on the arm of the recliner, he rolls them there back and forth, back and forth. I never really quite grasped how much fun a little boy would truly be. Until I had my sweet Landon. I love that my two are so totally different, as they obviously should be. I love the balance we have of "girl stuff" and "boy stuff". Now, don't get me wrong, if I had two girls, I would be so incredibly happy and blessed and I would be thankful God chose me to be a "girl mom". But, he chose me to be a momma to both a girl and a boy and for that, I will soak up all the girly things, the dirty boy things, experiencing different sports, and shopping for both styles with a smile on my face! :)

Here are just a few pictures of Landon, zoned out in his little "boy" world, playing with his tractors.

Boys really are so much fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...