Monday, April 8, 2013

Easter 2013

I am just now blogging about Easter because I finally have enough energy to do so. Last weekend (Easter weekend) we all got a stomach virus. I have an idea where we picked it up at but I guess no one really knows for sure. Saturday morning at 6:00 AM, I hear "Momma Momma" over the monitor. Just like every morning, I make my way to Landon's room to get him. As I open his door, a smell that is so strong about made me want to throw up. As soon as I looked at him and his bed, I saw throw up everywhere. I took off his pj's and cleaned him up. About 30 minutes later, he threw up in the living room. This time, partly on me and part on the floor. Ohhh me, here we gooo! We stripped and went straight to the bath tub.Poor little guy. Since he threw up that second time, I definitely knew he had a stomach virus. In my head, I had already told myself that we would all probably get it. While I was washing myself and Landon, Adam was cleaning the huge mess up. We had to wash just about everything. Crib sheet, blankets, stuffed animals, crib bumper, living room throw and pillow, plus all of our clothes. Our house smelled of throw up and it disgusted me so bad! By 9:00 that Saturday morning, Landon was done with the virus. He took his normal morning nap, he played, laughed, he was back to normal. Throughout the day I was still cautious as to what I fed him, but other than that, I considered him back to himself. Sunday morning, (Easter) Adalyn comes in our room at 3:30 AM saying her throat felt funny. She then ran to our bathroom and started throwing up. (Another reason I love her age so much, she knows to throw up in the toilet!) We put her in bed with us and every 30-40 minutes she had to go back to the bathroom to throw up again. Poor thing. Adam, Adalyn and myself hardly got any sleep at all. Once we finally got up that morning around 6:15 or so, she looked much better. She asked to eat something, she was playing like normal, etc. Of all Sundays to be sick, Easter Sunday... really?! Adalyn and I ended up staying home and the boys went on to Church. She threw up for the last time at 9:30. We cuddled up and watched her new Tinkerbell movie the Easter bunny brought her. By 11:30, both she and I were wore out. Not getting much sleep was really taking a toll on us. I scooped her up and laid her in our bed. I took a nice nap with her. When I woke up, Adam and Landon were already home from Church and Landon was down taking a nap. I sat on the couch and told Adam I wasn't feeling right. Remember, in December we all four had the stomach virus so the "feeling" I was feeling was still very fresh in my memory and I knew it wasn't going to be good. Adalyn ended up sleeping for 3 hours and when she got up, she was 100% back to herself. I on the other hand, was not feeling too hot and at 3:30, the virus had finally gotten me. I spent the next 5 1/2 hours in the bathroom. Well, back and forth between my bed and the bathroom. You guys, I seriously thought I was dying and a few times during my misery, I do believe I recall me wishing I were dead. (Obviously not for real so calm down. I just felt that bad.) Within 5 1/2 hours, I lost 6 lbs. By 9:30, I was able to fall asleep. Monday morning when I woke up I felt much better but I was weak and my body was sore from throwing up so hard. Gross I know. It is what it is! Adam went to work and I still had Lynn to come keep the kids. I didn't have the energy to change a diaper, fix breakfast, snacks and lunch, or play a whole lot. I took a shower and we all went outside and walked and my energy started coming back. That was last Monday (April 1). On Tuesday, I went back to work. Adam at this time was still feeling fine. I got a phone call from him at 11:30 that day saying he was on his way home because he didn't feel good. He slept the rest of the day. He just had a bad stomach ache and didn't feel like eating, but he never threw up. (lucky dog) He still didn't feel 100% so he stayed home from work on Wednesday. By Wednesday night, he was much much better. Adam and I have barely been eating and it's now been a week since it effected us. It's funny how kids recover SO much quicker and it takes just about everything out of adults! So with all that being said, we didn't get to celebrate Easter with our family. My Granddaddy at the time was at my uncle and aunts house in Franklin and we were all going to go there after Church. Well, that obviously didn't happen. So, since we weren't able to celebrate our family traditions on Easter, we decided to do it yesterday after Church! My dad was at Vanderbilt with my Granddad so it was just us and my mom. We had ham, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, rolls and deviled eggs--my favorite! That's part of the reason I was so sad I missed our Easter lunch- the deviled eggs! Thanks momma for making them for me! We scaled the amount of food down a lot since it was just Adam, my mom and myself eating it. Adalyn and Landon don't count since they don't eat as much of it as we do. Landon actually slept while we ate, then Adam and I went and laid down with Adalyn and we all three had a nice nap. My mom was in charge of listening for Landon to wake up. :) Once we were all awake, we got dressed in our Easter attire and headed outside for pictures! You know me, we must color coordinate!
My mom took a hundred (or so it seemed) pictures of us. Landon is the hardest baby to photograph. He is not interested at all in looking at the camera. You should see the ones that are on my camera. They make me laugh and it makes me realize how normal it is to not have your 18 month old cooperate for pictures! Adalyn does pretty well 98% of the time-- she is so silly!

I always seem to forget to get a picture of Adam and I. Pre-kids, that was no problem. I took hundreds. Literally. So I made sure to get an updated one of us this time :)

Random--

Landon didn't really get the concept of finding the eggs. Instead, he found two sticks... one for each hand. He's such a boy. We were finally able to get his attention to all the eggs that were laying around and he put them in his basket... but of course, with those sticks in hand. :)

Adalyn loved finding the eggs of course. We told her next year, Landon would give her a run for her money for sure. Since when did she get so big??
Aren't they cute?!


The weather was so beautiful yesterday and we spent the rest of the afternoon outside. Here's one more of me and my mini me!

We left around 5:30 and headed to Church. When we picked the kids up in the nursery, Adalyn was wiped out! He had woke her up earlier in the day so we could do the Easter egg hunt. She asked for pizza and "Handy Manny" when we got home then went straight to bed. It was a long, fun day for us!

Read about Easter 2011 here and Easter 2012 here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...