Thursday, May 9, 2013

Adalyn's Dream

I had to blog about Adalyn's dream she had last night so I will always have it documented and will be able to look back on one day. It is just so sweet.

At 3 1/2, Adalyn has the wildest imagination. At times I wonder where in the world she came up with that, heard that, etc. I raise my eyebrows a lot when she is telling me one of her fascinating stories. Mainly because I am in such shock that her imagination is that good or because the way she speaks and words she uses is just so impressive. On our way to Church last night, I told her today (May 8) was Grandmother's birthday. Most of you have been reading my blog long enough to know my Grandmother passed away in 2011. We seriously talk about her every single day. Now that my Granddaddy just recently passed away, she has been asking a TON of questions and quite frankly, I'm not sure how to answer some of them. I keep praying for the appropriate words to use so she will understand but sometimes, I just quickly change the subject. One question she asked me last night was, "When is Grandmother and Granddaddy coming back from Heaven? I really miss them". I told her they weren't and she said, "Huh? Like forever?" lol We had a short conversation about them (once again) and the fact that today was Grandmothers birthday and she was celebrating in Heaven. Adalyn also threw in there that she was eating cake, too. So, with that being said, when Adalyn woke up this morning, she came in the living room to see Landon and I for a few minutes then went in the bathroom to see Adam. He was getting ready when she told him she had a dream about Grandmother, Granddaddy, and Jesus. She proceeded to say Grandmother was up in Heaven sewing. A little back ground, my Grandmother was an amazing seamstress. Really. She practically made every single dress I ever wore as a baby/toddler/child and even my Winterfest dress I wore in the 9th grade! She made all my bows, too. But, I have never had a conversation with Adalyn about how she use to sew. It just never crossed my mind to bring it up. Adam then asked her what Granddaddy was doing. He said, "I bet he was gardening". She said, "Yeah! He was planting tomatoes and carrots!" My Granddaddy was a huge gardener. He would start his veggies from seeds in their dining room in January. My Grandmother was never a big fan of having little Styrofoam cups in there, but she never said anything. My Granddaddy would always say, " You can't grow a tomato like this in Pelham". He would always joke with Adam that his tomatoes in Henry's Cove were bigger and better than Adam's tomatoes in Pelham :)

To hear Adalyn tell us her dream this morning, really did put the biggest smile on my face. It's funny how a 5 minute conversation about my Grandparents on our way to Church leads to having a dream about them by a 3 year old. God works in amazing ways, doesn't He? He reaches out to people of all ages, you just have to listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...