Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

My Mother's Day pampering started early! It started on Friday to be exact. My dad came over after work to play with the kids and to fix the latch on our bedroom door. Of course, Adalyn asked if she could spend the night. My dad told her that Granna wouldn't be home tonight (Friday) because she was going out to dinner with some friends. Enter... hysterical crying. Bless her heart. Her little heart was broken. I quickly told Adalyn, since Granna wouldn't be there you can always stay with Granddaddy! Her mood instantly changed and she was so excited. She quickly told me she needed to go inside to pack her bags. She started planning their evening right off the bat. "We will play outside, play with Singer, swim in the hot tub, watch Veggie Tales..." She went on and on. My dad had me call in a pizza for them and once we got her packed, off they went. I laughed to myself knowing my mom wasn't going to be home and that my dad was in full control of everything Adalyn got in to. Once they left, we went inside. I was already in my gym shorts and a t-shirt and Adam said, "Ok, go change your clothes and get ready to go." I was taken back and said, "What?" and I started to question him. All he could do was smile and told me to stop asking so many questions. I changed my clothes and figured my mom really wasn't going out to dinner with her friends, that she was coming over to watch Landon so Adam and I could go out. I asked Adam why he wasn't changing and his response? "Don't worry about it." Nice Adam. Thanks. So by now I was really curious. It was 6:00 and to me, that is pushing "late" in my world. A few minutes later, my mom walks in the door. Adam told me to open my purse when I got in the car. I was so excited and confused at the same time. I gave my boys kisses and got in the car with my momma. I opened up the sweetest card from Adam and a nice chunk of change to go shopping with. What?!?! This was part of my Mother's Day. A huge shopping spree, just for my self. He even noted in the card that I wasn't allowed to buy the kids anything. No clothes. No toys. I was to use it on my self. Y'all, I hardly ever by my self anything. Seriously. I have to really really want something before I buy it. I've mentioned before, I'm at least a year behind on fashion and I don't even care! Well, maybe a little but I would just rather buy something for my kids or for my house. We are also saving for our ski trip to Salt Lake City this Winter so I love seeing our "Ski Trip" envelope get larger and larger. Anyway, I would never spend the amount of money Adam surprised me with on my self. Ever. Again, I would just want to save it! After I read the card, of course I cried. It was so sweet of him to plan all of this in advance and surprise me with a shopping spree. So, off to Murfreesboro my mom and I went. It was a little after 6:00 by now so I knew I wouldn't have much time so I decided to start at Old Navy first. I had been stalking their website all last week and I knew just what I wanted. As soon as I walked in, I just started grabbing clothes to try on. Anything that caught my eye, I grabbed it. When I was finally finished browsing, I tried everything on. I walked out of Old Navy loaded with new summer clothes. We then headed to Ulta because I needed new make-up. Then we hit up Target. I love Target and found so many cute dresses and shorts there. By the time I got home, it was a little after 10:00. That was a lot of shopping in a short period of time. But I have to say, I had a blast!! Oh my goodness. I was so thankful for that surprise! I couldn't wait to show Adam everything I had gotten. Thank you Adam for my awesome surprise! I love you!

On actual Mother's Day, I woke up to flowers, Oreos (y'all already know they are my favorite!) and sweet cards from my kids! We got everything packed up for the long day ahead of us and made our way to Church. I was so very thankful for the beautiful sunshine we had on Sunday! Church was wonderful of course. I love my Church family so much! Afterwards, we went to KFC to pick up two buckets of the best fried chicken and we then headed to my Granddaddy's house in Hillsboro. It is so weird pulling up to his house and him not be there. We got all of the food out and ready, then went outside to take some pictures! My uncle, aunt and cousins pulled up not long after we had gotten there. We had an amazing lunch then we went outside. We threw the ball around (which adalyn loved doing. I'm pretty certain we have a softball star in the making!), Adalyn rode the 4-wheeler, Landon helped my uncle mow, we cleaned off the porch, and spent the majority of the day outside. Again, it was so pretty!

Nancy was sick with major sinus/allergy stuff so we weren't able to eat dinner with her and Jerry but we are going out to eat next week to make up for it!

Here are some random pictures on Mother's Day

Really? When did she get this big?! Slow down baby- you look 5 to me!

My sweet sweet curly headed girl!

My mom with her girls!

Love this one of my dad and Adalyn May!

Dad with his girls!
(I look just like my dad and I can totally see my mom in Adalyn!)

You may be wondering where Landon is? He's in the car sleeping :)

Oh look, he's awake!


It is so hard to get a picture with both kids smiling AND looking at the camera! Oh well- this is real life folks! Love those kids!



Is this not the sweetest face you have ever seen? Snot and all!



(no idea why they won't turn! and notice Landon's Tractor book... that boy loves Tractors)

Look at the arm!
(and notice the tongue sticking out... such an Anderson!)

Cleaning the chairs. Adalyn loved this job





My Grandmother would be so proud to see her beautiful Iris' blooming!

We came inside around 6:00 to eat homemade ice cream and watch America's Funniest Home Videos. Landon held his book up to me and started to whine. Which means, sit down right now and read me this book. We plopped down in the recliner, I read one page, and he was out. (notice the same Tractor book?)

I had a wonderful Mother's Day and I am so thankful for my momma and Mother-in-law! Read about Mother's Day 2012 HERE and Mother's Day 2011 HERE! oh! and my very first Mother's Day HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...