Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Yesterday was such a sweet day. I celebrated Mother's Day with my two beautiful babies!! Last Wednesday at church Adalyn made me a towel for Mother's Day with her handprint on it.
She was so excited to give it to me. As soon as she saw me, her face lit up and as she handed me my hand towel, she said, "Happy Mother's Day!" I had the biggest smile on my face. She was so proud of her towel and all of her little arts and crafts she makes at Church seriously just make me melt. Anyway, yesterday morning I woke up to beautiful flowers and lots of candles and Air Wick plug ins! I couldnt really think of anything I needed or wanted and I Love for my house to smell good. I hate spending the money on those Air Wick refills all the time so I figured I would ask for smelly good stuff for Mother's Day! (One of my new candles is burning as I type this. Mmmm.)After Adalyn brought me my gifts, we got ourselves ready for Church. We had Welcome Center and Nursery so we had to be there earlier than normal. After church we went to Food Lion to pick up some ice cream then headed to Hillsboro to my Grandparents house for the afternoon. We had KFC, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, and biscuts. For dessert, cake, brownies, and ice cream. YUM. We all stuffed ourselves then headed outside to plant flowers.I put Landon down for a nap and then I joined them to take pictures. Every year my parents and uncle and aunt always bought my Grandmother flowers for Mother's Day as well as her birthday since they always fell so close together. Even though she wasnt with us yesterday, we continued the tradition of planting beautiful flowers for her anyway.
After planting flowers, we all came back inside. It was pretty chilly and the wind was crazy! My mom and I took Adalyn upstairs for a nap. We all 3 climbed into bed, red 1 book, sang about 4 songs, and Adalyn was passed out. My mom got up but I decided to nap with her.When I got up, I went downstairs to feed Landon and then we woke Adalyn up so we could meet Jerry and Nancy at Cracker Barrell for dinner. Here are a few special pictures from that afternoon. This one is my favorite from the day. I cannot even begin to describe the love I have for my precious babies. I am beyond blessed to be their mother. I am SO very proud of the children Adam and I have and thank God for picking ME to be their mother.
If this picture doesn't scream "me", I don't know what would! haha! My mini me!
Once we got to Cracker Barrell there was a 30 minute wait which probably turned into an hour wait. Normally I would have dreaded the long wait b/c when you have a 2 1/2 year old and a baby to keep entertained for that long at a resturant, it can get a little overwhelming. The kids must have known it was Mother's Day because they were SO well behaved!
We hung outside the majority of the time and then I took Adalyn inside so she could play with all the toys. We came across a doll house that kept for entertained for the rest of the time until they called our name. Dinner was delicious. I was still full from lunch so I just had a side salad and a side order of hashbrown casserole. Adalyn ate a lot of bacon and some biscuts and Landon ate sweet potatoes, Mum-Mums, and puffs.
When we got home, we got the kids in bed. We were all wore out from the day. Adalyn woke up at 6:00 AM this morning. She is now getting out of her bed by herself (ugh) now and normally just walks right in to our room inthe mornings. SHe normally gets up around 6:30 so 6 was really early for her. She came in and told us she had gone pee pee. We still put a diaper on her at night (but panties the rest of the time) so to our surprise she had taken her diaper off and just pulled her pajamas pants back up. She even brought the diaper into our bedroom just to show me she woke up dry. :) She is mighty proud of herself! I had a wonderful Mother's Day and was able to spend it with all of our loved ones. Thank you Momma and Nancy for being such awesome mothers and grandmothers to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...