Sunday, May 6, 2012

An Adalyn Update

Tomorrow marks 2 weeks of some serious potty training for Adalyn! She has wore big girl panties all day, every day. The first few days of our "serious" training I would put a diaper on her when we would go outside to play then take it off once we got back inside. Now, no more diaper when we play outside! I always make her go before we go out and play. There have been a few days where she tells me she needs to go "quick" (she says) so I stroll Landon into the garage and Adalyn and I run inside to the bathroom. I still put a diaper on her for her naps and bedtime, but she is waking up dry! (the majority of the time) I think I mentioned in another blog about the gummies she gets when she uses the potty. Let me just tell you, she has eaten A LOT! But, if it's working, Ill buy 100 more boxes for her.(that's a lot cheaper than a box of Pampers!) As soon as she wakes up in the morning she pees and then she does again about 4-5 more times before 10:00 AM if I had to guess. Who knew someone could pee so much!? She is awfully proud of her "big girl panties" too. She loves to show them off. One day I told her to come here so I could put her underwear on. OH MY. You would have thought I had 3 eyes. She looked at me and said, "I not wear underwear! I wear big girl panties! Daddy wears underwear." HA HA HA. Oh i just laughed and laughed. So now I have to watch what i say and make sure I speak correctly around her when it comes to her clothing. :) As great as she is doing with using the potty, she sure does pick the most inconvient times to go. When I sit down to nurse Landon, trying to put Landon to sleep, and trying to put her to sleep, etc. She goes by herself most of the time but she normally gets sidetracked once she gets in the bathroom and decides her hands are dirty so she washes them and THEN she sits down to pee. We are trying to teach her that the bathroom is not a place to play. Do your business and get out! I can just about say that my little girl is (almost) potty trained. Wow. What an adventure this process has been! It's still a work in progress, but she is just about there. Today we decided she was ready to wear her panties to church! Any amount of traveling we did, we always would slip a diaper on just in case! But we felt like today was a good time to stat wearing panties "out and about". My mom got her from church today and told me that she has been dry all day. Within this 2 week process, she has not had an accident in her panties at all. She did poop in her diaper once while we were outside playing, and the occassional wet diaper from napping, but other than that, dry as a whistle! So in 2 weeks, I have changed ONE poopy diaper! I obviously change a couple from Landon everyday but not from Adalyn! Since today was a "big" day for Adalyn, (wearing panties to Church) I thought we should document it by taking her picture and blogging about her success thus far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...