Thursday, May 17, 2012

8 Months Old

I feel like I just had Landon yesterday! Has 8 months really gone by? It has been the fastest 8 months to date I do believe. I can't believe we only have 4 more months until we celebrate his 1st birthday! AND only 4 more months of nursing left- Thank goodness! ha. My little, wait, I mean big, 8 month old is without a doubt the happiest baby known to man. Easiest, too. I don't know if it's because he is a boy (which from what I can tell are more laid back) or the fact that he has Adam's personality, or maybe it's because he's our second child. Whatever it is, I am so very thankful. Having a 2 1/2 year old and a baby to yourself everyday can be tough and oh.so.tiring. Luckily, Adalyn listens pretty good considering she is a toddler and as I mentioned Landon is super easy so it hasn't been as bad as told myself it would be before I had him. They are both such joys! Here is our 8 month old baby boy!
He has 3 teeth, working on his 4th. He has the loudest squeal I do believe I have ever heard. He just gets so excited. He is finally crawling! Or, scooting. For weeks he has been on all 4's rocking back and forth but couldn't figure out he needed to use his arms to get him anywhere. As of Monday evening, May 14, he figured out what his arms are good for. Taking his picture is becoming more and more difficult as the days go by. It was so easy to just plop him down. Now, he'd rather do this...
As soon as I sit him down, he automatically gets in his crawling position to take off. I totally forgot how quick they can be.
I am giving him new snacks throughout the day. So far he has had bites of watermelon, peeled and diced grapes, and shredded cheese. The watermelon made his body shake a little so we will try more later on. He likes grapes ok but just as I expected, loves cheese. He had some in both hands yesterday and was going back and forth eating it as fast as he could. He's been having some pooping issues lately so we have been giving him prunes which seem to help. It's amazing how you care so much about what your child's poop looks like, so im giving him prunes until Im satisfied with the looks of it. ha. He isn't wanting to stay in his excersaucer long anymore so I have a feeling trapping him in a toy is coming to an end. Which is fine. He adores Adalyn with everything hes got. She makes him belly laugh all the time and I can show him a picture of her on my phone and his sweet face just lights up with excitement. I cannot believe my little 8 lb 5.9 oz baby is now 8 months old and weighing a little over 20 lbs. Growing like a weed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...