Monday, May 14, 2012

Friday

We had a busy Friday morning. After Landon woke up from his nap, I fed him and then we got ready to run some errands. Our first stop was the funeral home to visit with Gina for a bit. Landon sat on her lap the whole time chewing on whatever he could get in his hands and Adalyn ate some Dove chocolate and a peppermint. Once we left we paid the gas bill then I toted the kids into Wal Mart. I had to buy shirts and some more veggies for Landon so I mentally prepared myself by giving myself a pep talk.(basically put your big girl panties on and just do it) A busy 2 1/2 year old and a very very busy 7 1/2 month old in Wal-Mart with no extra set of hands can be, um, difficult. Before we went inside I had a serious talk with Adalyn about how I needed her to act and how she needed to listen to me. She said "yes mam" so off we went. Wouldn't you know the buggy cart cover was in Adam's tahoe so I made sure I disinfected the buggy the best I could before I sat Landon down. I put Adalyn in the big part and started my shopping. I knew before we even went inside that she would ask to go to the bathroom so I tried to hurry to get what I needed. As soon as I started digging through shirts, she informed me that she needed to go "quick". Thankfully I had found all the sizes of shirts I needed so I took her to the bathroom. As I was walking there I was thinking to myself, "now what in the world am I going to do with Landon while I help her?" I knew I couldnt roll my buggy in the bathroom and I wasn't about to put him on that nasty floor. i figured I would just have to wing it and figure it out. (like most other things I have had to do with having 2 kids) I take her to the handicap stall so we would have more room and as soon as I opened the door I just started laughing. I knew exactly what it was I was seeing. I am sure many other people have seen and used this before so I know Im probably behind but I do believe this is one of the best inventions YET.
Do you see the excitement on this kids face? I'm pretty sure he was thankful for that seat instead of that germ infested floor. That little seat was a lifesaver! Adalyn did her business and then we checked out and left. Both kids fell asleep on the way home. It was around noon so I knew they were getting tired since they nap at 1:00. I had to wake them up so Adalyn could eat and I could feed Landon. They both slept the afternoon away and I watched Grey's Anatomy, did P90X, and relaxed. Oh, I do need to add... believe it or not, at 7 1/2 months, that day was the 1st time I had ever put shoes on landon! Crazy I know! In the winter we just kept socks on him and ever since its been warm we keep him barefoot. I think bare feet with his little outfits are adorable. Anyway, this was a milestone so I needed to document him rockin his stride rite sandals!
He is just too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...