Thursday, December 12, 2013

4 year check up

Wednesday morning I left work at 9:45 to head home to pick Adalyn up for her doctors appt. We made a pit stop at North Coffee to get Adam then we were on our way to Murfreesboro. We had been talking to Adalyn about her check up for a couple of days and she was so excited! Tuesday night she asked me if she was going to get a shot. I told her probably so, and she looked at me and said, " It's ok momma. If you sit beside me, I will be brave!"
 I have always enjoyed taking my kids to see Dr. Eastham and thankfully, both kids love him. 

The nurse started off by weighing her. She weighed exactly 50 lbs. (98th%)
Then they checked her height. 3 ft 8 in (99th%)
Then she stood on a colored tile and they had her to look at the vision chart. She did so well with that. I couldn't even tell what some of those shapes were. Guess I should get my eyes checked.

Adalyn was all smiles while Dr. Eastham was checking her out. We play doctor at home every single day so she was well aware why he looked in her ears, throat, checked out her eyes, etc. One of the first things she told us when we got in the car was, "Dr. Eastham didn't check my blood pressure!"
Of course all toy doctors kits comes with a blood pressure cuff. :) Sweet girl.

She did get two shots at her appt., but will not have to have any at her 5 year check up. She didn't shed one tear. She was nervous and kind of panicky in her voice, but like we have always told her, it will only sting for a second! She was so proud of herself afterwards (as were we). She couldn't wait to show Landon her Scooby Doo band-aid!


A few snap shots from previous appointments-- crazy how much (and how fast!) she has grown.

6 months

9 months

3 year check up
Everytime I look at Adalyn's hair, I keep thinking, "When is it going to grow?!" But when I look at this picture of her 3 year check up, I can easily see that her curly hair really is growing!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...