Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Adalyn's 1st Movie

Saturday afternoon, mom, Adam and I took Adalyn to see "Frozen" at the movie theatre in Murfreesboro. She was SO excited about going as she has been talking about that movie since the previews came on TV. I was just as excited to take her since this was her very first trip to a movie theatre. We went to see the 4:15 movie at the theatre on Cason Lane. My mom and Adalyn go stand in line for popcorn and snacks while Adam and I wait to buy the tickets. The place was packed full of people, just as I expected. It never occurred to me that that certain time would be sold out though! ugh! Wouldn't you know, as we were standing in line, almost to the window to purchase, the people diagonal to us bought the last tickets for that show time. We heard the worker tell them that. Soooo, now what?! We got out of line to find my mom and Adalyn. We secretly told her it was sold out. While we were telling her that, Adalyn looks up at us and says, "I'm so excited! This is my first time at a movie theatre!" Ahhhh! So, a quick change of plans. We tell Adalyn we accidentally went to the wrong movie theatre and that we needed to get in the car and go to a different one. Thankfully, she didn't question us and it didn't even phase her. Adam called the other theatre in Murfreesboro and the next show time was at 4:55- whew! We lucked out! So we high-tailed it over there and purchased tickets for "Frozen".  I was so relieved- I was scared they might be sold out there as well. I asked a guy to take a quick picture of us before we went in to find out seats. It's dark and blurry but I will always treasure it as it will remind us of Adalyn's first trip to the movie theatre!

After the picture, we stood in line for popcorn. We got a big bucket of popcorn, M&M's, gummie snacks, and a drink. Adam got a wild hair and wanted to walk over to Toot's to get an order of fried dill pickles. I'm so glad he did because they are SO good! Before the movie, I took a picture of Adalyn. She held the bucket of popcorn almost the entire movie (until I took it away). 
I can honestly say she ate half the bucket by herself.
(The flash was so bright!)

I have to say, "Frozen" was just about the cutest movie I have seen! Every single person in the theatre laughed just about the entire time- it was great! I can't wait until it comes out on DVD so we can add it to our collection!

After the movie, we made a pit-stop at Sam's before heading home. You might be wondering where Landon was during this time? My dad was in charge of him. :) Adalyn went home with my mom so Adam and I went home and plopped down on the couch and watched HGTV. Sunday morning, we woke up at 8:10. Which is LATE to us! It was so nice. We got ourselves ready to headed to Church. We were so glad to see our kiddos! Sunday afternoon consisted of naps! Again, I love love love a quiet afternoon! Sunday night we went back to Church for the Christmas musical and of course, it was amazing. So blessed  to be apart of our Church family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...