Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Last week was so nice! I love working for the school system and being off an entire week with Adam and the kids. I worked Monday but was off the rest of the week. It was nice to lounge around and not be woken by my alarm clock at 5:30 to get ready for work! Now I'm just counting down the days until our 2 week Christmas break.  :)
On Tuesday, we spent our day in Pelham. That was the day is was freezing cold and it was raining/sleeting all day long. Of all days, that's the day Adam picked for me to help him on the farm. I bundled up so it actually wasn't too bad. Nancy cooked homemade lasagna and we celebrated Adam's birthday as well. It was delicious! Wednesday morning, we went to Wal-Mart and got a few things and we also bought Adalyn her very own little tree for her room. She was so excited! Before going to Wal-Mart, we stopped by Hardees and got the kids a sausage and biscuit. Once back home, we put up our tree and all of our decorations! I normally don't put the tree up before Thanksgiving, but I knew we would barely be home the entire weekend so it worked out perfect! We have had to stress to Landon not to touch the tree so he will walk right up to it, put his arms behind his back and say, " Do not touch it. No No. "
 He has done great with the tree so far. Last year he was 14 months old so he actually somewhat understands the concept of not taking ornaments off this year. It's so sweet to watch the kids just sit and stare at the tree and name all the ornaments they see. Of course Landon picks out all the tractor ornaments. We had to put those up higher due to the fact that he was playing with them with his farm set and "parking" them in the barn. That afternoon the kids took long naps and I think I slept, too! I love a long, quiet afternoon. We also started to prep some of the food we were in charge of bringing and I picked clothes out, got shoes ready, and grabbed pajamas for Thanksgiving night since I knew we would be coming home late. You know me, it's better to think ahead and pack early than to do it the morning of when you are rushing to get out of the door on time!

Thanksgiving morning came and we got ready and headed to Hillsboro. We arrived around 9:45. My grandparents house is my favorite place to be so it felt so good to be there! We put our things away and my mom and dad and everyone else arrived shortly after. We were all busy in the kitchen and we finally set down to a huge Thanksgiving lunch around 12:00. Everything was delicious!! After lunch, we headed outside to take our pictures like we do every year. It's neat to look back and see how much everyone has changed!

Here are some random pictures from Thanksgiving Day!

Autumn and Adalyn--- and my waterbaby from when I was a kid!

Landon is playing peek-a-boo.



The kids loved this fairy that would fly when you would pull the string. 

 We had to get a picture of Landon eating baked ham. He walked around all day long eating slices of ham. This kid will not eat mac and cheese, but will eat baked ham. Typical.

Every year since I was a kid, we would take a picture of all the grandkids and would give it to my grandparents at Christmas time. My grandmother always looked forward to opening that up each year. Even though they are both gone, we are going to keep up the tradition. So below are the grandkids (and spouses) and the great-grandchildren. She would have loved to have seen this.


Mom and Dad with their kids and grandkids!


Food!


Erin had a good idea to get the kids picture on grandmother and granddaddys bed. Us "big" kids spent so many years sleeping and playing on that bed, so it was sweet to put the little kids on the bed and snap a picture of them.


This one just makes me laugh!

Adalyn asked me the other morning if I could put a baby in my belly... She said she wanted a sister. I told her Hunter was the baby of the family right now. lol


So sweet!

For whatever reason, I love this one of Landon. He looks so grown and I love that he has a tractor in his hand. My little farmer boy- so precious!


The weather was so nice!




We attempted a family picture with the help of a timer on my brothers camera- hopefully at least one of them turned out!

We spent the rest of the day eating, playing, the guys shot their guns, relaxing, eating some more, and putting up the Christmas tree! It just wouldn't feel right if we didn't put it up, so it only made sense. :) 



 Aunt Janet, Uncle Britt, and Nathan stopped by before heading home to meet Hunter.


Like every year on Thanksgiving night, we celebrate all the November birthdays. We have 5 birthdays in November! (plus more cousins who celebrate November birthdays, too)



What would we do without an iPad?

Looking through old pictures


Autumn gave the kids a bath. Adalyn told me that Autumn does a really good job giving baths and that it was a lot of fun. They stayed in there forever and played and splashed! The kids had a ball. We left around 8:45 or 9:00 (I think) and headed home. Both were asleep in the matter of minutes. We had such a fun day with our family and I am so so thankful for the closeness we share! 

The rest of the weekend was spent going through drawers and closets dividing things up. Thankfully, my Grandmother thought ahead and wrote down who gets what piece of furniture, clocks, decorative pieces, etc. That was such a huge help. We still have a LOT more to go through, but we have at least started on it. 

Read about Thanksgiving 2010 HERE!
Read about Thanksgiving 2011 HERE!
Read about Thanksgiving 2012 HERE!



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...