Friday, November 22, 2013

Potty Training

I titled this post "Potty Training" only because we are (very) slowly starting to potty train Landon. We aren't too serious about it right now. But, with that being said, he is peeing in the potty anywhere from 1-3 times a day. He has also made comments like, "Momma, change my diaper" or "Potty! Potty!".  So that tells me he is starting to care when he has peed or pooped in his diaper and that he is learning the "feeling" of when he needs to pee. I have made the comment in earlier months to Adam that there would be no way Landon would catch on to potty training as easily and as quickly as Adalyn did. #1 because he is a boy and I have always been told, "Boys are so much harder!" and #2 Landon is Landon. He does things in his own sweet, little time. BUT, I have to say, I have been so surprised at his progression with catching on so quickly. I know the main reason is because he has an older sibiling who is a "big girl" and pees in the potty so he obviously wants to do the same. (sometimes anyway) I am also happy to report he has pooped in the potty 3 times as well!
 --Disclosure-- if you have a problem with poop talk, you may want to stop reading! It's detailed but since this blog is my personal scrapbook of our family happenings, I have to write it in here! The other night we put him on the toilet to pee. Well, he peed then he started to poop. Right before each poop "dropped", he would yell, "Here it comes!" and watch it fall in the toilet. HA HA HA. He laughed and laughed and we were cracking up with him. It was hilarious. Of course every single time he uses the potty, Adam, Adalyn and I normally jump up and down, clap, yell, whatever it takes to let him know that he did a good job. He also gets M&M's , or whatever we pull out of the Halloween treat bag, every time as a reward. We did the same with Adalyn and it worked like a charm. I have heard some do stickers, but stickers would do nothing for him. lol. So we have to make peeing/pooping in potty worth it. That even means when he pees first thing in the morning when he wakes up, he gets a few M&M's in his bowl. 

I know we have a long road ahead before he is 100% potty trained, but I feel  he has gotten a really good start! 

And just to document this post... a picture of Landon on the royal throne.
 Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...