Monday, November 18, 2013

Big Church

I have waited on this Sunday for 4 years. At our Church, when you turn 4, you no longer stay in the nursery during the service. After Sunday School, you go pick up your child and bring them to the sanctuary. Every Sunday I have watched sweet, smiling faces happily walk, skip, or run to the side door at the front to leave for "Wee Worship". This is for age 4 - 3rd graders. They spend about 15 minutes in big church before they leave for their Bible Story and craft time. Yesterday it was Adalyn's turn to go to Wee Worship for the first time! When it was time for the kids to leave, I walked with Adalyn until we got downstairs. She was hand in hand with her cousin Hannah and friend Kera. She was so excited. We have been talking about "Wee Worship" for a week now. Explaining what it was, how she needed to act, reminded her not to talk while in Church, you know, the necessary conversation that's needed before introducing something new! 
I had so much joy watching her as she walked back to sit with us at the end of the service. I couldn't help but to smile. Going to "Big Church" is just another reminder that she is growing and getting so big. 

Of course, on our way to Church yesterday morning, our conversation was about Adalyn going to Big Church after Sunday School. Landon kept saying, "I go to Big Church!" Adalyn quickly responded with, "Nuh uh! You can't go to Big Church! Only I can because I'm this many. (holds up 4 fingers) You are like 1 or 2, so you aren't old enough to go."
We couldn't help but to laugh at the two of them talking back and forth like that in the back seat. :)

To document this milestone, I snapped a picture of Adalyn after Church was over. We were in the nursery getting Landon.

Pose #1- (she loves the camera!)

Then I told her to be serious :)
Such a sweet, sweet girl.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...