Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween! 2013

We have been watching the weather all week wondering what would happen on Halloween night. They were prediciting pretty strong storms in our area so I was thinking Halloween would be a wash out! Thankfully, it wasn't. We got to leave work at 3:30 yesterday which was awesome! Nancy was already there with the kids, my mom came over, and I picked Jerry up from work to take him to the house, too. Adalyn was ready to dress up again and Landon was a tad on the grumpy side when we were trying to get him ready. He went as Woody this year and as soon as Adam got him dressed, he pulled on his costume and said, "I take it off!" Him saying that did not surprise me one bit. We just ignored him because we knew he would forget about it, which he did. His costume also had boot covers that he wanted nothing to do with either. But, once we parked at Church and got him out, Adam slipped them on him again and I guess him seeing all the other kids dressed up took his mind off those boots. He looked adorable. :) We headed to church to particiapte in Trunk or Treat and by the time we arrived, (5:15) half of Manchester had already beaten us there. lol. It was SO packed! We only had to wait in line about 10-15 minutes before entering Church. They did move Trunk or Treat inside as opposed to being in the parking lot so it just made it that much more crowded, but fun none the less!
 He loved putting his pumpkin out to get candy and if they had a bowl out for you to grab your own, he went in full force and picked up as much as he could. We made sure he put it all back except one piece. Every stop we made had either candy to get or some type of game or activity to play. They had two huge inflatable slides, pop corn, balloons, you name it, they had it. I loved watching the kids have so much fun but I have to say, Adam and I (and I'm sure my mom!) was wore out by the time we left! Whew! I took lots of pictures to remember this years Halloween (as I do every year). When we got home, I gave the kids a quick bath, they ate a snack, and went straight to bed! I think they were both sound asleep by 7:30. Adalyn fell asleep in my lap as I was reading her a book. I finished the book, picked her up, and took her to her room. I was so hungry by that time since I hadn't eat and I fixed myself a grilled cheese sandwich and some chips and salsa. Adam and I sat in the living room and waited on Grey's Anatomy to come on. (Only the best TV show in the world.)
We had a great Halloween and we are so thankful the "bad storms" held off! 

Now, for picture overload! :)

My Woody! :)

Pretty Cinderella :)



Every Princess has a crown, right? I let her wear my crown from when I won Little Miss Coffee County. She was SO excited about it.





This was Adalyn's reaction when we ran into Mickey Mouse...

 She ran over to give him a hug and Landon was in awe!
He high tailed it over to them so he could meet him, too!

They hung around Mickey for a while and when we finally pulled them away, Landon kept saying, "Mickey Mouse! Mickey Mouse!" He loved him. I can't wait until June when we go to Disney!! They will LOVE seeing all the characters!

















Halloween 2009- I was 38 weeks pregnant and Hope painted my belly (I mean, Adalyn) like a pumpkin!

Halloween 2010- Adalyn was a sweet Peppermint 


Halloween 2011- Adalyn was Minnie Mouse!
(Does Landon not look identical to her?!)

 Landon went as a sock monkey for his 1st halloween. I made him a onesie with a sock monkey on it and he wore a sock monkey hat Hope made for him. I can't find a picture of him for some reason. I just remember he was 4 weeks old and screamed while we were walking around the square. lol. He didn't want to be in his car seat. Oh how time flies. 

Halloween 2012-Adalyn was a cow!


Landon went as a farmer!


Read about Halloween 2010, 2011, and 2012!

Hope you had a great Halloween!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...