Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Adalyn's Art Birthday Party!

We celebrated Adalyn turning 4 this past Saturday with an Art Birthday Party! I started planning her 4th birthday months and months ago. (You shouldn't be surprised by reading that) Each year when deciding what to do for her party, I really sit back and think about what she is really into at that time. When she turned 2, it was obvious. All she cared about was Cows. Last year, she absolutely loved Doc McStuffins and playing doctor. Since about May or June of this year, ALL she wants to do is color and paint. I made a notebook for her to take on our trip to the beach this summer. I put coloring sheets, stickers, letters to trace, blank sheets of paper, etc in it and it kept her so occupied as she went page to page "writing" and coloring. Ever since then, she takes it every where. I mean everywhere. She toted that notebook around so much I ended up having to buy her another one due to it breaking. One day it just clicked. It only made sense to do an Art party for her! The theme screamed "Adalyn" and I ran with it! I had a lot of fun planning her party and she was included in every detail, even down to picking the stripes on her birthday cake. Who knows, my sweet girl could be quite the artist one day!

Saturday morning started off with Adalyn and I running errands to pick up her cake and making a trip to Wal-Mart. Adam and Landon stayed home and mowed and did things outside. Once we arrived home, we ate lunch and I started to decorate with Adalyn's help. We did a little decorating and then we put the kids down for their naps. While they were sleeping, I continued to get things ready for the party. The party started at 4:00 and by 3:15, I had to wake Adalyn up from her nap. Landon was still sleeping and he woke up about 15 minutes after we got Adalyn up. I wanted her to see the final product of everything and she was so excited! I took her outside, in her pajamas and all, I snapped her picture. 


Decorating for the party was simple. I stuck with the primary colors and used that as inspiration!

These were a big hit- "Paint brushes" !


The set-up-



We have had this crayon canvas for years now- it was PERFECT for our theme!

I used mason jars as decoration and filled them full with crayons and coloring pencils.

I had two jars with the drinks and two jars on the food table.

I loved the water bottle wrappers! 

The drinks

The invitation

The birthday poster I made


Before the party started, I took Adalyn outside to snap some pictures!






If you look closely at the door, I made her door sign. I cut a large 4 out of a cardboard box and then covered it with paint chips (remember, it's a painting party!). This door sign was so simple and better yet, free! I determined after making this that you could obviously do any number (or letter!) and can use any color paint chips for whatever theme you are having! I do believe I may be doing this for now on. I went to Wal-Mart and loaded up on the primary colors and chose different shades of red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple. 





Random-



Once everyone arrived, we all fixed our plates to eat then we headed outside to play!




After playing outside, it was time to paint! A fun activity I had all the kids to do was paint their very own canvas. I purchased 8X10 canvases and bought contact paper. With the cricut, I cut out each child's first initial of their name. 

We took our table out of the breakfast nook area and replaced it with a rectangular table that would be plenty big for all the kids to stand around and paint. 



The paint was washable and each kid also had their own apron to wear while painting. 











The idea was for them to paint the entire canvas however they wished and once it was dry, they were to peel off their initials. This is what Adalyn's looked like Sunday morning. Christina took a picture of Levi's and sent it to me that night- it looked so good! I was excited to see the finished product.

So all the kids left with their canvas and apron. It was a hit!!!

Landon was showing everybody his belly :)



Next, it was time for CAKE! I absolutely LOVE the way Adalyn's cake turned out. If you notice, the chevron stripes on the cake match her invitation and water bottle labels.








The best part about her birthday cake was the INSIDE! 




How COOL is that?! 

After cake, Adalyn opened her presents. She got movies, clothes, finger paint, a new sleeping bag, money, a big crayola box FULL of crayons, glitter pens, construction paper, glue, etc. puzzles, a Doc McStuffins doctors bag, and lots of princess stuff! 






Landon showed us his belly, looked at a book, and played with the paper while all of this was going on.



Her last present was from Adam and I. She had to count to 10 while PaPaw covered her eyes.


The look on their faces make me laugh! You can tell they were so excited for her!

Her very 1st bicycle!






All the kids played for a little bit before everyone started to leave. 
I love this one of Hannah and Adalyn coloring-

And I also love this one of her and my dad!

Once everyone was gone, we all watched a little bit of Princess and the Frog then we put the kids to bed. Adalyn told me she loved her birthday party and had so much fun.
Just what I wanted to hear. :)
 Thank you to everyone who came to help celebrate Adalyn turning 4!!

Read about Adalyn's 1st Birthday Party HERE!
Read about Adalyn's 2nd Birthday Party HERE!
Read about Adalyn's 3rd Birthday Party HERE!


























1 comment:

  1. Adalyn's birthday set up seems to be great and filled with colors. I am looking for an open spaced or a garden area event halls for rent for a casual get together with friends. Dinner and snacks will all be continental and Italian. Sweets of Chocó chip and vanilla flavor are liked by everyone. And champagne plus wine will be branded one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...