Friday, December 2, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Adalyn!

Saturday, November 12 was Adalyn's 2nd birthday party. (november 13 was her actual birthday) Aunt Brandy came and got her that morning so I could just focus on getting things ready and only having to deal with one child, not two. Adam was at the farm that morning so that was a huge help for me. Once Adam got home, we did a few things then I left for Wal-Mart to buy balloons and some other stuff. Nothing like buying plates and cups the day of the party! Anyway, blowing up the balloons took FOREVER- it was really starting to stress me out. I was in a hurry anyway and waiting on balloons did not help it any. Once I was finished with Wal-Mart, I rushed home to get ready. The party started at 4 and it was almost 3 and I still had sweatpants on and my nappy hair was in a pony tail. Hope was taking care of landon and I was able to get ready while Adam, my mom, and Gina did the finishing touches on things. Once 4:00 came, we had a house full! It was so nice having our family and friends their to celebrate our little girl turning 2. We had good food and cake, and a bounce house for the kids. Thanks to Dustin and Christina for letting us borrow it! It was such a fun party. The theme was farm animals which was perfect since all Adalyn ever talks about are cows (her favorite) pigs and chickens. Here are some pictures-enjoy!




The Cake- matched the birthday invitations, too!
I thought this was perfect for our theme-- choc. oatmeal cookies... aka- "cow patties"

The Birthday Girl!







She kept asking for her cake all day long. Which shocked me b/c she doesn't really like cake. (just like me!) But to our surprise, she ate it!



Adalyn, I cannot believe you are TWO! Wow! You have brought so much joy, laughter, and love into all of our lives. You are one of the funniest people I know and you are so, so smart! You can count to 13 and you have such a huge vocabulary! You like to use the potty and get M&M's (or Nim & Nim's as you say) for doing so. We Love You! Happy Birthday!



Holding you for the very first time... I will never forget the day we welcomed you into our lives! God is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...