Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Friday...

This past Friday I needed to run to town and stop at the Dollar Store for a bit so I loaded the kids up and headed out. Landon starts crying on the way but ends up falling asleep before we even got there. I get Adalyn out and then landon, put him in the buggy and he starts waking up crying. Oh great. This place was super packed and I was trying to keep my eye on Adalyn and continue to put a pacifier in his mouth to keep him content. Adalyn was so good and she was just so amazed at all the stuff they had to look at, or really to play with by her standards. We were in the toy aisle and a little girl comes up to her and asks if she wants a balloon. I immediately answer the question for Adalyn and say No, she doesn't. This bratty kid just keeps going on and on about the balloon and she jumps up and grabs the string and hands it to Adalyn. So I get the balloon and give it back to the girl and tell her she doesn't want it. All while this is going on I hear a freaky, loud voice yelling the little girls name from a few aisles over. As i am trying to get Adalyn's attention to come with me, this man comes up beside me and scares the absolute crap out of me. It just so happens this is that kids dad and he seriously looks like he should be on America's Most Wanted. He was walking like he was drunk and talked like he was dumber than a rock and looked like he would kidnap any kid that walked his way. No Joke. I grabbed Adalyn's hand and we high tailed it out of there. While checking out, Landon starts crying again and the same crazy guy is now behind me in line. Im trying to get my bags, hold Adalyn's hand, and push the buggy. He really gave me the creeps and i was more than ready to leave. Finally get to the car and wouldn't you know, the creeper had parked beside me. Ugh. I put the kids in and get in myself and lock the doors. ha. I know you are probably thinking what a wheenie! haha. I was already so flustered with dealing with Landon crying his poor little eyes out and that man just did not help the situation any. After we leave, we head to Hope and Ryan's to decorate their door or Liam's arrival! They were coming home from the hospital that day so I wanted to put a Welcome Home sign with streamers on their door for them. I park, landon is still crying so I put it on an AM radio station hoping the static will calm him down. (which has worked from time to time!) I get Adalyn out b/c I knew she would want to help. It took about 10 or so minutes for me to do everything and I'm hoping Landon had fallen asleep during that time. I open the door and he is still screaming! It broke my heart. He was basically shaking and let me tell you, he can turn a nice shade of purple. So needless to say, I get us home as fast as I can. I just wanted to hold him. I fed him and then he fell fast asleep. Doing all that that morning wore me out! Adalyn told me she was ready for her nap so I put her down then landon and I napped, too. It was all around a great day... I just had to share my experience of our little outing to town for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...