Saturday, December 10, 2011

The joys of potty training!

Adalyn has been doing SO good potty training lately! It's pretty safe to say she uses the potty atleast twice a day, sometimes 3 times. She has her off days too but all in all, she is doing great. Thursday was a tiring day with the kiddos. They seriously wore me out. Landon was very comfortable in my arms all day which makes it hard for me to do anything around the house. If you know me you know I can't stand for my house to be a mess! I have come to terms with it a little better since landon has been born but anytime I have a free second, Im usually picking up. Yes, I'm the type of person that will clean the living room 10 times a day instead of waiting until the end of the day when Adalyn goes to sleep. I know she will pull everything back out over and over again but for the 15 minutes that is does stay picked up, a part of me can breathe a little better. =) Anyway, so when it comes to potty training, Adalyn now thinks she should take off her pants and diaper whenever she wants to. She will randomly walk into a room that I'm in and it's no surprise she only has her shirt on. We are still explaing that we only take our pants off when we are in the bathroom, etc, etc. My luck she will do something like that at church or something. Oh me. While she was eating lunch Thursday she said, "Momma Momma! Poo-poo potty- now!" I told her ok but kind of took my time b/c she tells us that ALL the time and we go and she just wants to sit on the potty and then she starts playing in the bathroom so I really figured she was just messing with me. i get her out of her high chair and she runs to her Elmo potty and sits... and sits... and sits... I finally tell her that if she really does not need to go, we need to get a diaper back on and go play. All while this is going on I have Landon bouncing on my knee as Im just sitting on the toilet waiting on her to do her business. She then says she wants to use the "big girl" potty so landon and I get in the floor for her to climb up to it. Well, on her way, she starts saying, "uh oh mommy uh oh" Let's just say she didn't quite make it to the potty before she pooped. As it falls to the ground, she tries to run back to Elmo but another fell to the ground. hahahaha! Bless her heart! I kept telling her everything was ok but at first she was so shocked she wasn't sure if she should be excited or what. So with landon in one arm, I pick up the poop, put her diaper back on her with basically one hand, pull her pants up, and get some floor cleaner to clean it extra good. I, of course, was SO excited that she told me during her lunch that she needed to go and that she actually went. We make a huge deal about using the potty around this house so we both started squealing and saying "yay!" Adalyn then continues celebrating running down the hall screaming, "I did it! I did it!" Oh that girl is just something else. She always gets M&M's ( or as Adalyn says, Nim&Nim's) for using the potty so I happily got a handful of them for her and she gobbled them up. Way to go Adalyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...