Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Thanksgiving morning we woke up and started getting ready for our day! Adalyn stayed the night with my parents Wednesday night. We didn't have too much to do since we did most of it the night before. With my personality, I have to make lists and be extremely organized when it comes to a big event where cooking is involved as well as packing for two kids for an entire day and most of the evening away from home. Good clothes, good shoes, play clothes, play shoes, Pajamas, plenty of diapers, plenty of wipes, toys and books for Landon, jackets, food for both kids, sippy cups for both kids, two bottles for Landon, extra change of clothes for Adam and myself, camera, all of our food we were to bring, drinks, birthday gifts, and I feel like I could go on and on. That's a lot of stuff for only 1 day! Not only did I pack for our day on Thursday, I went ahead and packed for Thanksgiving with the Clark's on Friday as well. Ahhh, organization makes me oh so happy. Landon took his morning nap and then we were off to Hillsboro around 10:15. As soon as we got there, Landon ran straight for Granddaddy's lap. He kept squealing and waving his arms up and down. He was beyond excited.
We then asked Landon to show us his newest trick! We will ask, "Landon! Where's your tongue?!" This is his reaction:
I'm pretty sure it's one of the cutest things I have ever seen. Shortly after, everyone else arrived. We got our food situated then headed outside for our annual grandkids picture for my Granddaddy. My Grandmother use to love getting this picture each year. Here is our family picture
And of the Grandkids, great-grandkids, and spouses
You can clearly see Landon was DONE by this point with the picture taking. We all headed back inside to check on our food and we got ready to eat...and eat...and eat. Whew. It's safe to say we were all stuffed. We cleaned up, played, and then napped. I took Landon upstairs and we slept while Autumn had Adalyn in the bedroom downstairs trying to get her to fall asleep. I later learned that Adalyn kept talking (and talking) and then finally talked herself to sleep. Landon slept fine and I did too for the most part but all I could hear was gun shots going off by Adam, Christopher and Casey in the pasture. Boys and their toys. Landon and I eventually woke up and ended up waking Adalyn from her nap so we could celebrate all of the November birthdays. November is a very popular month for birthdays in our family! Just my immediate family, we celebrate 5 birthdays. Brandy, Casey, Adalyn, Adam and Autumn. (That's not including all of our other cousins who have November birthdays!Oh, and Singer :) ) Here's the birthday gang!
After cake, we started getting out the Christmas decorations.
Adalyn is at the perfect age to help with the tree! Landon on the other hand, is not. My almost 15 month old was pulling ornaments off left and right! Oh geeze! After a while, he finally gave up after us telling him "no" for the millionth time. He would randomly come over and try to snatch one but I had my eye on him. Little stinker. I have no idea why I didn't take a picture of the tree once we were finished with it! I am easily distracted I guess. We cleaned things up and packed everything and headed home. We put the kids in bed as soon as we got home then we relaxed. It was a wonderful day to be with family and I am very thankful for them. On Friday, we got up and got ready to head to Winchester to celebrate Thanksgiving with Adam's entire family. Thanks to my mad organizational skills, everything was pretty much ready to go. Landon took his nap then we left. We stopped first at Jerry and Nancy's. We did some of our cooking and the kids played. On our way to Melissa's, Landon fell asleep so we let him get his nap out in the car once we got there. Adalyn rode with Jerry and Nancy and she fell asleep, too. Their bodies are use to their 1:00 nap time! They eventually woke up and quickly found the toys and their cousins. Every get together we have 1 5 year old, 1 4 year old, 3 three year olds, a 14 month old and a 10 month old. WHEW! Thank goodness for a big room full of toys! As usual, everyone ate and ate and ate. We all kept occupied with football and playing with the kids. Here are some random shots from our Thanksgiving with the Clark's!-Landon with Uncle Jim
Landon is in love with lights/fans. As most babies are I know, but he will bug you to death until you pick him up and let him touch the string or even just to get a "little bit" closer to the light. After a while, we took a walk outside. It was such a beautiful day!
Here's Mr. Personality in his filthy shirt waving at everyone
Hannah, Maddison and Adalyn
All the kids love Hunter! (and Tori! even though she isn't pictured)
Can we say identical?
Landon and his apple
I saw Adalyn's bow sitting on the table I couldn't stop myself from doing this!
He looks JUST like Adalyn did when she was this age! Amazing. Landon was in charge of the rolls. He took each roll and placed it on the pan. He even licked a few. :)
and here is Super Landon!
Brian, Adam, Tommy, just missing Kenny!
Adalyn wanted to stay the night with Jerry and Nancy since Tori and Hunter was staying there as well. Tommy and Sarah came to stay with us. Landon fell asleep within 3 minutes of us leaving and when we got home, around 7:30, we woke him up so he could take his bottle, then once he was through, we layed him down. It was another long, but fun day with great food and family! Check out some previous Thanksgiving posts! Thanksgiving 2010 when Adalyn was just 1 year old! HERE! and Thanksgiving 2011- Adalyn was 2 and Landon was just 10 weeks old! Amazing what one year will do! Read it HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...