Thursday, November 8, 2012

Time for an update!

Here at the Clark household we have been gearing up for Adalyn's 3rd Birthday party!! Which totally blows my mind that my sweet, 8 lb 2.5 oz baby girl is turning 3 on Tuesday. Where has the time gone? So besides planning for her birthday party, we are also trying to get use to this time change. Which by the way, I do not like. One reason I don't like it is because my kids are getting up realllly early. Their little bodies still think it's normal waking time, but Adam and I know that that's not the case.Most people like this new time b/c you get an "extra hour" of sleep. Well, that's not the case when you have little ones! After a couple of days of adjusting, I feel certain they will fall back in their routine once they get use to it! The past few nights we have tried to keep the kids awake longer but Landon just can't hang. He has been in bed by 7:10 each night. Adalyn has been in bed a little before 8. They are in bed by 8, 8:15 at the latest on the "normal" time, so by the time 7:00 rolls around, they are MORE than ready to go to bed. Landon has been waking up absolutely starving. Since he has gotten over his sickness, he is "catching up" in the eating department. He went 5 days without milk and hardly any food. Except for a cracker here and there and some cheerios. So he is wanting to eat all day it seems like. I bought Honey Nut Cheerios instead of regular cheerios the other day and that is his new favorite snack. I can't give them to him fast enough. I finally would put a handful in his bowl and he would walk back in the living, sit on the floor, and eat them. I normally don't put his snacks in a bowl for him b/c he just throws it out and makes a mess, but with these cheerios, he is so careful to keep them in there. When he finished what he had in his bowl, he would walk back in the kitchen, point and grunt at the cereal box, and hold his bowl up for me to refill it. Something as little as that just makes me realize that he is getting so big.
Another thing that reminds me is a getting bigger? A newer, different style, sippy cup!
He is always trying to drink Adalyn's sippy cup that's like this, so I decided to get him some of his own. He is also starting to dance! Finally! For the longest time he has only danced with his arms. He would sway them back and forth and move them up and down really fast but lately he has started using his feet! It is so cute. He will "run in place" and flap his arms. It's the most precious and funniest thing I have seen. He is also jabbering a lot. Not the normal "baby" talk, it's more like he is trying really hard to have a conversation with us. I remember making the comment about Adalyn when she was around his age about her "jabbering". Not long after, she started saying words other than "da da" and "momma". So Landon "talks" pretty much all day long and it really is the sweetest little sound, ever. annnnnd here is my almost 3 year old, helping me cook, and eating dry noodles.
Her vocabulary is amazing to me and the things she says blow my mind on a daily basis. Some because what she says is pretty impressive and some b/c it does not make a lick of sense or it's quite hilarious. She is really into me painting her toe nails and fingernails. I hadn't "updated" them in about a week and I had noticed it was starting to come off. She asked me yesterday morning while I was getting ready for work if I could paint her nails. She said, "Momma, can you paint my fingernails? Look, they are dying." Translation, the nail polish was coming off. Silly kid. Sunday morning before Church I was playing with Adalyn in her bedroom. She decided we would play "train" and take all of her babies and stuffed animals out of her toy chest and line them up in her bed. We got everyone situated like she wanted, said "Choo Choo" a couple of times, then she switched to something else. She was holding her baby doll and said, "Momma, you are Joseph, I'm Mary, and this is baby Jesus, and all the animals are over there. (she then pointed at her stuffed animals we had lined up.) I'm so glad she (somewhat) understands the story of Jesus birth. It was sweet to "pretend" with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...