Monday, November 19, 2012

Landon is 14 Months Old!

This little guy is 14 months old and doing something new almost every day! He now will shake his head "no" when we ask if he wants another bite, drink, etc. He signs "all done", "more", "dog", and "please". For whatever reason when he signs "please", it is the absolute sweetest thing ever. You take your head and rub in a circular motion on top of your chest. His version is your take you hand and very slowly swipe it across your chest. He will do it over and over again. I ask him where my nose is and he will put his finger on my nose. I ask him where his nose is and he just looks at me like, "Huh?" ha ha. He will still not drink milk out of a sippy cup. With Adalyn, I know we spent over $40 just trying to find the "right" cup she would drink milk out of. She was 14 months old when she finally accepted one. It was a Nuby brand, which is what Landon has for his water. I just ASSUMED the same cup that worked for her would work for him. Well, it didn't. I had a small mind lapse and forgot that my kids are nothing alike. Beside their looks when Adalyn was a baby, they have been so different. So darn. Here we go on a sippy cup hunt. Landon has not let us feed him since he was 10 months old. That's when he was completely off baby food and started eating whatever we ate. He will sometimes let us feed him yogurt or applesauce, but that's only if he's in the mood for it. So I somewhat knew this process would be a bit frustrating. (and long) So far, every cup I have bought hasn't worked. Stubborn little thing. But, I know eventually he will take it. So I'm not stressing myself over it. It's amazing how much you learn/understand/accept when you have a second child! Things are SO much easier and you worry WAY less than you do/did with your first. Am I right people? In other news, one of Landon's favorite things to do is take a bath. We can ask him, "Want to take a bath?!" He high tails it to the bathroom. He will turn back to look at us, and if we aren't right behind him, he will walk to us like he is trying to get us, and grunt and then start walking back towards the bathroom. When he's in the bath, he is such a character! He is really very entertaining.
Blowing bubbles! He normally comes up choking after he does this.
He loves sitting and looking through books. Or give him a sandwich bag with crackers or pretzels in it, he will spill it and then pick every single piece up and put back in the bag one at a time. We have to keep all toilet seats closed or else you will find him elbow deep playing in the water. He absolutely hates getting his diaper changed. I have to give him one of Adalyn's old toothbrushes that sings the "ABC's" to keep him occupied. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'll be glad when he grows out of that stage. He is still in a size 4 diaper, 5.5 wide shoe, 18 month clothes, 24/2T pajamas, AND his hair is really starting to grow! It's hard to tell in pictures since his hair is so white, but he really is starting to get some. People call him "cotton head" all the time. Adalyn was 15 months when her hair finally started growing. I'm curious to see if his hair will stay straight or if it will curl. I'm secretly hoping it will curl but Adam says he will look like a girl if it does. Whatever. Another interesting fact about Landon being 14 months old is Adalyn was 14 months old when I found out I was pregnant again. SO crazy how fast time flies. What a blessing our "surprise" has been! Happy 14 months Landon Riley!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...