Monday, November 19, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday Adalyn!

I cannot believe it- Adalyn May is THREE! I don't think three years have ever gone by as fast as these three years have. People always told me that once you have a kid, time flies. Well, they were speaking the truth. You just can't grasp the whole concept of "time flies" until you actually experience it with your children. Adalyn is so outgoing, loving, incredibly smart, and has such a tender heart, but also has a little bit of an attitude to go with all of that sweetness. :) Her head full of curls are so precious, the sound of her voice is refreshing,and her sweet laugh is very contagious. I am so in love with her and I am very thankful God chose me and Adam to be her parents. Monday night after the kids were asleep, I put up a few streamers on Adalyn's door so when she opened her door in the morning, she would walk right through it! (Making my Pinterest dreams come true one step at a time!) :) I was hoping that I would get to see her open the door just so we could see her face. Adam was in the kitchen and I was finishing my make-up when he yelled for me. I ran in there to find Adalyn laughing. She had opened her door and said, "Mommmmy?" We sang Happy Birthday to her and she just smiled and giggled.
Can't you hear her laugh?
After we sang to her, she asked for birthday cake. At 6:30 AM! So why not?! It's her birthday!
Nancy came and brought "birthday cookies" as Adalyn called them. Sugar cookies with pink icing and sprinkles. So she ate one of those, too. Adam took the day off school to take our pigs to the processor (still not sure what excuse we will tell Adalyn once she realizes the pigs are gone...) Nancy left once Adam got back home that afternoon and once the kids woke up from their nap, he got them ready and brought them to see me at work! Adalyn LOVES coming to work with me so I knew she would like this added treat! After work, we headed to buy our supplies for Operation Children Shoebox. On the way there, I explained to Adalyn what we were doing and why we were doing it. I was hoping she would understand as we were looking at a million toys, books, and crayons, that she wouldn't whine about not getting anything. Thankfully, she was SO excited to help. She went up and down the aisles saying, " I think the little girl would like this!" She made that comment with just about anything we would pick up. I was so happy to see her so excited and that she (somewhat) understood why we were doing this. Some little girl across the world will have a FUN shoe box to open! What a great thing to teach our children, it's not always about receiving, but it's about giving! I was glad we were able to do this as a family on her 3rd birthday. We went home, ate, and I think Adalyn asked to watch Handy Manny. I found it on On Demand, and we watched and played with her new birthday gifts. Shortly after I put her to bed. I kept saying to myself that I couldn't believe she is 3 years old. Here I am carrying my 40 lb 3 year old to her "big kid" toddler bed, wide awake. I am so thankful we can put her down awake and she drifts off to sleep on her own. Just another sign that my little big girl is growing up on me. What a joy she is to us! Please read my Birth Story HERE! Read about Adalyn's 1st Birthday HERE! Read about Adalyn's 2nd Birthday HERE! It's amazing how much they change in just one year! Next year, she will be FOUR. So hard to believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...