Friday, November 30, 2012

Cough...Cough...Cough

That's all we have heard this week. Two kids coughing their little hearts out! Landon woke up with a low fever Monday morning and had a nasty cough along with a runny nose. Adalyn just has a nasty cough. So far no fever. Landon hasn't really wanted to eat much this week which is understandable. I never feel like eating when I don't feel good either. On Wednesday afternoon, he napped for 4 hours (12:30-4:30)! And still was in bed by 7:30 and woke up at 6:30 the next morning. By the time Adam and I get home from work, he plays for a little bit then he's basically begging us to put him to sleep.Thankfully he woke up this morning without a fever! Adalyn came into our room at midnight last night coughing. I gave her her sippy cup of water and put her back in bed. At 4:45, I heard our door open again and she was coughing...and coughing...and coughing. I put her in bed with us and within 2 minutes she told me she needed to spit up. She hopped out of the bed and went straight to the toilet. She spit up, or threw up, whichever you want to say. But it wasn't the "stomach bug throw up" but it was more like nasal drainage throw up. She looked at me and said, "Momma, I can't get enough sleep because I'm coughin." Sweet thing. Oh, I forgot to mention Landon has 2 top molars in. Adam discovered them a week before Thanksgiving. I have had my eye out for the bottom two. He is almost saying "No". He will shake his head and it is sounds like he is saying it. Adam has both kids interested in watching pig videos on YouTube. It sounds funny, I know, but they all love it. It seriously will entertain all three of them for the longest time. Landon will grunt and point at the computer until one of us picks him up and shows him pig or cow videos or turns on music. He gets so excited and starts waving his arms and clapping. And Ohhhhh!!!! I can't believe I haven't mentioned this yet!!! Landon stayed away from us for the very first time last Saturday!! AHHH! Adam and Adalyn headed to Pelham Saturday morning so it was just me and Landon the majority of the day. He took a long morning nap and after about an hour and 45 minutes, he woke up. I got him out of his crib, brought him in the living room to sit with me and watch TV, but he dozed back off. So I put a pillow on the floor and layed him back down.
Once he finally decided to wake up, I fed him lunch, got everything ready for his first night away from us (booo!) and we left for my parents. I have to admit, I was a little sad! :( I moved my rear view mirror down to where I could see him and stared at him the whole way there.(I know that sounds cheesy but I couldn't help it!) I did pay attention to the road as well though, so no worries. :) It was around 2:00 or so by then and after he played for a little while, I left and him and my mom took a nap. Christopher and Brandy were still in town and they were staying over, too so he had a lot of company to play with. I took the pack n' play over there and set it up in the computer room. Momma said she layed him down at 8:30 and didn't hear a peep out of him until the next morning. By the time Church was over, Adam and I almost ran to the nursery to get him. Instead of running, we just walked really fast. We kept Adalyn home with us Saturday night so we could put up the Christmas tree. She is at such a fun age and really understands the whole Christmas tree, ornaments, Santa, etc. After we set everything up and cleaned up( you know me! MUST CLEAN!) we went to J&G for supper.
She ate Chicken strips, french fries, went to the bathroom twice, and ate jello. The jello didn't go over so well. Her whole body shook and she spit it out. ha. She just wanted to play with it. She said they looked like ice cubes. It was a great day/evening and I'm glad we were able to spend one on one time with just her. The next time Landon stays the night somewhere, Adalyn is going too. Then wait for it.... Adam and I would have an empty house!!! Can you feel the excitement in my typing?!?! Already looking at the calendar to see when we can make that happen! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...