Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Spring Break

Last week was our Spring Break. The central office still works the first 2 days so Adam headed to the farm on Monday while Lynn came to the house to watch the kids and on Tuesday, he stayed home and went grocery shopping and took the kids to the cattle sale. Since we were on break, that's when we try to get in any necessary appointments. Adam had a dentist appt Wednesday morning and I had an appt. at Baptist that morning, too. He took Landon with him and they went to the farm afterwards. Adalyn came along with me and watched Frozen on our way to Nashville. Once we were finished there, we stopped in Murfreesboro for a quick lunch and some shopping! I love my little shopping partner. You can't go to Murfreesboro without stopping at Target so of course, we went there, too. And let me just say, I left that store only spending $2.00. Yes, $2.00. I will be the first to tell you I never leave that place so empty handed!
 I'm sure Adam was thankful ;) 
When we were finished, we headed for home but stopped at my parents house first. My mom told me to come and "shop" before she took a lot of her stuff to goodwill. I love my moms decorating taste so I loaded up on some things. I love hand me downs! Thursday morning came and we had to get up bright and early for Adalyn's dentist appt. at 8:30. She was so excited about going! I'll do another post about that. Once we were finished, we took the kids to Jiffy Burger to meet Papaw and Aunt Sherrie. It was about 9:30 by this time and both kids were so excited about spending the night with them. Adam and I were just as equally excited because that meant we had the entire day to ourselves which was heavenly. We had a big to-do list we wanted to tackle so as soon as we got home, we got to working. (I will blog soon on what we have been doing!:) It was a gorgeous, warm day and it was so nice to be able to do what we needed to do without any interruptions. Heavenly I tell you. Just heavenly. We cooked ribs that night, watched what we wanted to on TV, and made a Sonic run. Friday morning we got up bright and early and made it to Chattanooga by 8:30. Once we were done there, we stoped in Pelham to see the kids and to farm the rest of the day. The weather we had for Spring Break was awesome. Hot and sunny, just the way I like it! We stayed outside all.day.long. We got new pigs on Monday so the kids loved checking on them on and off throughout the day. Landon took a great nap and we ended our day with a Sun Drop and some oreos. ;)
Saturday morning was spent at home. We ran a few errands and got the kids their very first slush from Sonic. Landon got green apple and Adalyn chose cherry.(yuck) To our surprise, Adalyn liked her slush. This is a girl who won't drink apple juice and absolutely will not ever try tea, chocolate milk, sprite, etc. I purposefully ask her if she wants to try whatever I have and her answer is always no. She sticks with water. She does like Capri Suns, though. Landon on the other hand, likes any drink you put in front of him. When we told him we were going to Sonic the first thing he said was, "I want a sun drop!" haha. When we got home, we washed Adam's truck. I knew the kids would end up drenched, so once we were finished washing, I lined up their toys for them to wash. This is what ended up happening...




 He was LOVING it!!
 Just LOOK at Landon's face!

 Now it was Adalyn's turn!


They had a ball getting each other wet. Once we got them dried off and in new clothes, we ate lunch and put them down a little earlier for their nap. We were going to Dustin and Christina's later that afternoon so I wanted them to nap as much as possible before we needed to leave. We spent the rest of the afternoon playing outside in Hillsboro with Levi and Shelby. :) They had the bounce house on for the kids, they played on the swing set, played t-ball, rode the 4-wheeler, roasted marshmellows for smores, played with Levi's trucks and trains, and ran around like crazy. They had so much fun! We grilled steaks for supper and left around 8:45 that night. It was a great way to end our Spring Break! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...